Hardware Engineer A320 Braking & Steering control system
* Knowledge of electronic/hydro mechanical hardware application in aerospace
* Experience of hardware/equipment life cycle activities for avionics and hydro mechanical development from concept to in service.
* Experience in analogue and digital H/W design, together with an appreciation of software development activities
* Working knowledge of applicable standards and processes (ARINC, ABD, DO160, DO254)
* Experience of managing suppliers at a technical level.
* Be the technical focal point in the team for all electronic and hydro-mechanical hardware related tasks.
* Review requirement set driving electronic hardware, including implementation by supplier
* Establish and execute supplier governance processes for both development/prototype and production phases.
* Review supplier rational for the design decisions and implementation deadlines
* Review supplier avionics design and verification to ensure it fulfils the needs
* Review supplier qualification strategy and determine risk of impact on certification
* Review supplier development activities and deliverables (Test reports, FMEA )
* Define Airbus verification activities related to electronic and hydro mechanical hardware
* Providing guidance on the design progress and issues at various stages in the programme
* Up to date H/W development status (Plan, Schedule, R&O, baseline definition, progress status)
* Updated requirement set for electronic and hydro mechanical hardware (function, I/O, environmental )
* Timely responses to supplier technical queries.
* Review and management of supplier deliverables.
* Weekly reporting avionic and hydro mechanical equipment status to program lead.
* Travel to France will likely be required to support the client on their 'plateau' (expenses will be covered)
* Knowledge of Airbus specific processes is an advantage
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.