CAD Technician - Smart Mobility Living Lab - 4 months fixed-term
About The Role CIQHP
We have an interim need for a talented Engineer / Technician with a flair for AutoCAD to support the production of detailed design drawings for the Smart Mobility Living Lab. The SMLL is an ??18m project based from East London to build a facility that will include over 20 km of instrumented roads, next generation communications equipment, data centres, vehicle workshops and state of the art control centres. The role is in support of specific project work over the Summer and may suit a student with strong CAD and engineering design skills looking for a short term internship.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
The CAD Technician role will provide technical design support utilising AutoCAD, working closely with engineers and project managers to deliver outline, preliminary and detailed designs to enable the Connected and Autonomous Vehicle testbed to be built.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the production of all test bed highway's construction drawings
- Ensuring that all drawings and related documents are prepared and controlled in accordance with the CAD QA system
- Ensuring all project files are up to date and comply with the CAD QA system
- Liaising with design engineers and making necessary changes following feedback
- Maintaining personal development of knowledge/skills in the application of CAD and related software packages
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop Autodesk Revit experience by transferring some design elements to a 3D model.
Skills & Experience
- AutoCAD training / qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of relevant technical / industry standards.
- An understanding of Health & Safety legislation.
- Ability to prioritise own work, to support the business.
- A basic understanding of highway design and highway construction methodologies.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Revit highly desirable.
- A minimum of three A levels or equivalent qualification.
- Consideration will be given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualifications.
Applicants must have excellent communication skills including strong verbal and written English.