Native Architect (iOS/Android) - Bet Tribe
As a Native Architect you'll be responsible for owning and evolving the technical architecture of our iOS and Android apps and systems.
We need someone with significant experience in iOS / Android development to join us in our mission to become the best digital bookmaker in the UK.
Reporting into the Head of Architecture, you will work closely with our in-house squads, especially our Native squad, steering the evolution of their systems to ensure they're sustainably fit for purpose and of the highest quality.
You'll define the technical architecture of the things we build, in collaboration with the relevant engineers, architects and other stakeholders. You'll facilitate and govern technical decision making throughout, to deliver industry leading products which are performant, resilient, scalable and secure.
As well as working with squads, you'll also be outward facing, working with third party UK delivery partners, and playing an active role in the broader technical direction of the tribe as a whole, participating in tribe-wide, or cross-tribe initiatives, and building great relationships with Traders, Product, Commercial, Marketing, and the wider tech team both within the Bet Tribe, and across SB&G.How you'll do it...
You'll be an exceptional leader and role model, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles in the way you work and think. You'll evangelise quality and predictability, using a metric driven approach to continuous improvement.
As an architect in the Bet Tribe you're passionate about technology, and will keep abreast of developments within the market, industry and technology landscape. You'll be working with an incredibly talented team of Tech Leads, Engineers, Product Leads, Commercial and Marketing specialists who love what they do. You'll learn from them, and they'll learn from you.
You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. You'll have an important role to play in inspiring our people to constantly make betting better.
- Act as a subject matter expert in iOS and Android technologies, using your ability to understand complex problems, consider a broad range of trade-offs, and engage the right people to ensure we make the right technical decisions
- Design and document solutions in collaboration with Tech Leads and other architects, which meet the needs of all stakeholders
- Being responsible for producing Impact Assessments for proposed significant pieces of work, to understand the feasible high level approaches, risk, and effort involved
- Govern technical design by being the person who makes sure that all areas have been considered (functional, non-functional, security, compliance, etc.)
- Be an active participant in our broader technical strategy and ways of working - not being afraid to take ownership of things and make them better
- Inspire and support those around you, especially delivery squads, the managers and other architects in the tribe
- Supporting the Head of Architecture, collaborating on defining the appropriate technologies and ways of working to deliver a sustainable and evolvable technical architecture that's fit for purpose, cost effective, and supports the ongoing needs of our business
An environment where teams feel like family and everyone works together as one team to achieve your shared vision.
Helping you be a master in your domain is critical to our company's success: that's why we have "10% L&D time" just for you. This means that Friday afternoons are your time to learn whatever you decide you need to stay at the top of your game.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.Mon to Fri - Standard