Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor - Gibbs & Dandy: Builders Merchants - Gillingham, Kent
Gibbs & Dandy are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running! (2)
Here at Gibbs & Dandy, we always aim to provide a personal service that our customers can trust. Supporting trade professionals and retail customers alike with expert advice, we're your handy guide to any building or timber projects you may have.
We are looking for a motivated Customer Service Advisor to join our dedicated Gibbs & Dandy Gillingham team. You will provide the fast and friendly service our customers expect, ensuring every Gibbs & Dandy customer receives expert advice whilst maximising sales opportunities for the business.
As a Customer Service Advisor with Gibbs & Dandy, you will:
- Build relationships with customers, both face to face and via the telephone, to help achieve sales growth for your branch.
- Be required to support the branch in all aspects of customer service.
- Carry out cash transactions, refunds and till processes accurately and in accordance with branch procedures.
- Place direct sales orders, organise delivery times, and notify customers.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers.
So if you???
- Have fantastic customer service and sales experience and know what great service looks, sounds and feels like - highly desirable.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the construction / building materials industry (desirable, but not essential as training will be given).
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact with customers and colleagues alike.
- Are pro-active, flexible and able to deliver with a high level of accuracy.
- Are positive, personable and a real team player.
???we may just be the right fit for each other. Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee with Gibbs & Dandy, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.