We are in the process of recruiting a Laboratory Technician to join our enthusiastic technical team committed to new and existing product development and technical support within a dynamic manufacturing environment.
The preferred attributes for the position are listed below:
- Experienced in materials testing
- Formal qualification in Science or Materials/Polymer Technology
- Self-motivated, a team-player and enthusiastic
- Must be well organised
- Must be able to liaise effectively with internal and external customers
- Good writing skills a pre-requisite, must be computer literate e.g. familiar with Microsoft Office programs
- A working knowledge of ISO9000 Quality Systems would be advantageous
The primary role of the successful candidate:
- Typical polymeric testing of products in the laboratory to specifications
- Assisting the compound development team with material development and production support tasks
- Providing test results reports
- Assisting with the control & purchasing of laboratory provisions
- Assisting with the maintenance of the library of test specifications
- Assisting with the management of service & calibration of test equipment
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks
- Carry out risk assessments for laboratory activities
Training and development:
We will provide on the job training but we expect the successful candidate to have the necessary skills to be able to conduct technician tasks from day one.
We will assess training needs throughout the employment period with a view to identifying specific requirements.
If you have an interest in working in a manufacturing/laboratory environment and wish to apply please forward CV applications to Tanya Artingstall in the first instance (email@example.com)
Apply for Laboratory Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly