We are looking for Seasonal Warehouse Assistants to support the Commercial Warehouse team in the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods.
WZ Warehouse Assistant
Job Type: Seasonal / Various Hours
Salary: £9.51 per hour (inclusive of Weekend Enhancement)
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
The successful candidates will support in ensuring the workplace health and safety requirements are met as directed by the Commercial Warehouse Assistant, ensuring the security of the commercial warehouse building(s), containers and stock.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare orders for delivery, which includes picking of stock for delivery to ZSL stores, picking of e-commerce orders, and picking of equipment for other departments.
- To load and unload lorries.
- Taking delivery of goods & supplies, checking for damaged or missing items.
- To safely store goods, moving stock around by hand, using lifting gear or a forklift truck.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of ZSL vehicles and property.
- Carry out quality control checks and to count and record stock figures.
- Responsible for completion and prompt submission of all related paperwork and the provision of other information as requested.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, managers, other warehouse staff and office staff.
- Be aware of and to follow all safety guidelines.
- Operate an LGV (light goods vehicle) safely, delivering to ZSL stores.
- Have a clean driving licence allowing them to use an LGV.
- Have some warehouse experience within the retail sector.
- The postholder will need to be able to maintain positive relationships with suppliers, peers, and ZSL departments.
- Comfortable being in regularly contact with suppliers & couriers to ensure that deliveries are received correctly and accurately.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) 9th June 2019
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.