Children's Support Workers - Stewartby
Children's Support Workers - Stewartby
- 6 Months Fixed Term Contract – £19,777 to £20,516 per annum pro-rata, depending on Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- Sessional Workers Zero Hours – £9.00 per hour
Additional allowance £30 per sleep-in
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people and we are proud of our history for providing fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative housing and support services across the UK & Isle of Man. Children and young people are at the centre of everything we do and we use evidence based practice to deliver services valued by them. If you work for St Christopher`s Fellowship you will travel with children and young people on their life journey and have the opportunity to make an impact on their lives.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do at St Christopher’s: Care, respect, professionalism, flexibility, honesty and creativity. We genuinely believe every person matters and has the potential to achieve - we create that environment to support this.
We have now a fantastic opportunity for you to make a difference to vulnerable young people.
At St Christopher`s we can provide more than just a care job. We offer an industry leading training programme, access to qualifications, with a range of employee benefits and of course wider career progression opportunities within our network.
You will be playing a fundamental part in improving the lives of vulnerable young people by delivering care to them in our homes. We are actively looking for interested people who want to be part of our Bedford team
Applicants should have:
- Have the ability to build genuine and trusting relationships and real passion for working with children
- Have the resilience to cope with challenging behaviour and circumstances
- Be able to motivate young people and encourage their independence
- Have high personal and professional standards
- Flexibility to undertake shift working including evenings, weekends and bank holidays, and to participate in sleep-ins.
- Willingness to achieve level 3 Diploma and complete all required trainings.
In return we offer:
- Salary £19,777 to £20,516, depending on qualifications and experience, rising incrementally to £22,802 based on performance.
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including access to level 3 qualifications, children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy,
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career within our range of services.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
Please when submitting your application, let us know why you would like to work with us and what experience you will bring to the role.
For the full Job Description and Person Specification, please visit our website.
We advise to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this opportunity might be filled before the stated closing date.
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community as well as applications from candidates with care experience or experience of being a care leaver.