Debt Advisor (Leeds Debt Advice)
We are looking to recruit Debt Advisors for a rewarding and dynamic role at our contact centre in central Leeds. With this role you would become a part of the UK'S largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 650,000 people resolve problems, repay debts and rebuild lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and across our 26 year history we've helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
This is an exciting time to join our Debt Advice team as following the last five years of sustained growth, we're working on an ambitious three year transformation journey which will see us changing the way we work, helping us to help even more people become debt free.
How you'll help
You'll support and advise clients on the most suitable solutions to their circumstances (doing so by phone or online), giving empathy and creating a rapport while retaining an objective and realistic approach. You'll need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, along with the ability to quickly analyse and react to complex problems, recommending the most suitable solutions. Many of our clients are often vulnerable and contact us at a difficult time in their lives, you will need to be practically minded with strong emotional resilience to guide our clients through the process.
Our training academy
The start date for this role will be the 29th July 2019. To give you the best possible start you'll spend your first six weeks in a training academy, giving you the skills and knowledge you'll need to be able to help our clients.
The first six weeks you spend in a training academy will be Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm and it is crucial you should attend everyday, therefore you will need to be available to attend for the full duration (unfortunately we are unable to honour any holidays, appointments or planned days off during this time).
What we're looking for
At StepChange we are striving towards creating a society free from problem debt.
If you'd like to help us realise our vision and have a rewarding career with us, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to show empathy and build rapport
- Emotional resilience- being able to deal with difficult situations everyday
- Customer service experience
- A positive attitude and be a good team player
- Problem solving and influencing skills
- Good attention to detail
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills and be competent using multiple systems at one time
- Experience of working towards targets or deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We value our colleagues
We don't just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and the role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
In return for your hard work and commitment your starting salary will be ??20,155 per year.
Apply for this jobSend to a friend