Supporter Services Coordinator
ZSL is looking for a Supporter Services Coordinator to join our busy Supporter Services and Membership Team, based at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
Position: Supporter Services Coordinator
Job type: Contract – F/T or P/T
Salary: £23,210 per annum FTE
Location: ZSL Whipsnade Zoo – LU6
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
Overview of Role:
The Supporter Services team is a single point of contact for general enquiries, members and donors, as well as being the portal through which other ZSL products and experiences can be sold and booked. Contact with supporters will be made via inbound and outbound phone calls, email and face-to-face in order to maximize revenue for ZSL.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
- Be comfortable speaking to people over the telephone dealing with queries.
- Have excellent numerical, written and oral skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and customer care skills too; experience working in a customer service department within a charity would be an advantage.
- Be objective and target driven; highly organized and able to work well under pressure
- Have a good working knowledge of a customer relationship management system within a charity or commercial environment; a good working knowledge of SR04 would be advantageous.
- Preferably have an understanding of Bankers Automated Clearing Systems (BACS) and HM Revenue & Customers (HMRC) in regard to Gift Aid.
If you have the imagination to not only problem solve but to create new opportunities to support the key departments within ZSL, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note, we have two roles available at Whipsnade Zoo, both roles will be for 3 months and one is weekend only and one is full-time including weekends. Please apply for the role you wish to apply for on our website. If you wish to apply for both, please make separate applications.
The salary for the full-time position is £23,210 per annum and the part-time position is £9,284 per annum.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Thursday 20th June 2019
We will be holding interviews for this role on Friday 28th June.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.