Junior Planner Buyer
This position is a great opportunity of a person to grow their skills and responsibilities for planning subcontract work and factory output and managing a number of purchasing supply chains to ensure customer demands are met. Full training and coaching will be given so no direct experience of planner/buyer roles will be needed but would be an advantage. However, the position requires someone with a great sense of urgency and drive to make things happen and an ability to understand elongated and complex material demand chains where forward planning is essential.
- Manage subcontract painting process and demands, including work load creation, workload balancing, raw material despatch and arrival. Small batch sample and re-work control.
- Inventory monitoring and supplier order and delivery structuring.
- MRP and KANBAN review, forecast management, and vendor collaboration ensure product availability in a high-SKU multi product situation.
- Monitoring and actioning in-stock and delivery status of raw materials to take expediting steps and share accurate materials availability information with key internal stakeholders.
- Labour planning to ensure effective and efficient use of direct labour.
- Use of the company ERP system and other company technology platforms to monitor material demand and customer requirements.
- Basic understanding of MS Excel essential.
- No direct planner/buyer experience necessary but preferred
- Experience of factory environment for electro-mechanical assembly preferred but not essential
- Computer literate in MS Excel and Word
- GCSE / A Level or equivalent qualified
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and enthusiastic personality required for supplier and internal interactions and negotiations.