Compliance Advisory and Oversight VP (Contract Role)
Overall purpose of role
The main function of this role is to provide compliance advisory and oversight for the firm's external outsourcing framework, and includes Compliance coverage for the Procurement and CRES functions. The role will incorporate providing support on the various bank-wide location strategy and sourcing projects in close cooperation with colleagues from other control functions including Legal, Operational Risk, Resilience, Information Security and other parts of the Compliance function. The role holder may also be required to provide Compliance support for the wider BX organisation.
- Providing Compliance coverage for Procurement and CRES. Advising, checking and challenging Functional strategy, initiatives and operations, including:
- Conduct policies and risk management processes eg Risk & Control Self-assessment (RCSA)
- Compliance Risk Assessment (CRA)
- Functional standards/procedures
- Dispensations, waivers and breaches
- Regulatory requirements/change
- Incident/issue management and remediation
- Compliance training
- Governance processes, controls and frameworks
- 2nd line assurance through monitoring and testing of adherence to Barclays policies and standards, as well as regulatory rules and requirements
- Providing day-to-day advice to Procurement functions and projects on compliance, conduct and reputational risks, including advice on the firm's policies and regulations that apply to those functions. The provision of advice will be in respect of a broad range of issues, including:
- Information handling both with the department and more broadly within the firm covering matters such as controls over confidential and inside information
- Reputational risk management
- Resolution and management of conflicts of interest
- Consultation with stakeholders to define compliance requirements for new contracts with internal and external suppliers
- Embedding controls or process improvements to address regulatory requirements
- Reviewing and providing compliance input on location strategy proposals - assessing the impact of outsourcing activities from a regulatory perspective across multiple jurisdictions
- Interacting with colleagues across functions to ensure compliance risks are properly escalated, understood and addressed
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk around sourcing and supplier management
- Supporting relevant regulatory communications
- Developing and rolling out bespoke Compliance training, where required
- Interacting with relevant industry bodies on rules and regulations
- Tracking, monitoring, communicating and consulting on changes in regulations to ensure that the relevant business areas and infrastructure areas are kept abreast of applicable compliance initiatives, rule change consultations and work with relevant management teams to implement regulatory change.
Candidates for this role are likely to have operated within the Compliance (or other risk and control) function of a major international firm. They will be able to demonstrate experience of initiating and developing relationships with key business partners. With experience of a number of functions across Financial Services, they will have a working knowledge of the regulatory landscape and a solid understanding of what constitutes an appropriate Compliance Framework. Candidates will also have strong interpersonal and analytical skills and be adept communicators. They will respond well to pressure and be adaptable to changing circumstances; they will be comfortable taking the lead role on an initiative or in resolving an issue.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating work effectively across teams
- Sound relationship management skills.
- Solid knowledge of the Financial Services regulatory landscape.
- Plus, at least one of:
- Experience in Risk Management and Control.
- Experience of Compliance coverage.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, the Functional areas relevant to the role.