Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical Engineering, Plumbing, District Heating Schemes, boilers, pumps, pipework
We are actively looking to secure an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join Experis.
We require a Maintenance Engineer to join the team here at Experis, working onsite with one of our UK's top leading Energy suppliers clients based in London (within and outside M25).
Your Key Responsibilities:
You'll be fixing energy issues and hands-on planning, coordination and completion of a range of maintenance activities to resolve mechanical, electrical and C&I issues. Your aim will be to optimise the day-to-day operational performance of the District Heating and Energy Generation schemes, so you'll need to enhance the performance of our assets, identify issues and improvement areas to reduce unplanned unavailability, and ensure that all major costs are identified early in the process to support business planning.
This is a very customer-facing role so your communication and relationship management skills will be every bit as important as your technical abilities here - you're someone who knows how to put a customer's mind at rest.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Domestic boiler or plant room experience and ideally, plant engineering experience within the district heating sector - although we can provide training to cover this.
- Experience with District Heating schemes would be beneficial
- An HNC or NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) along with significant expertise in general engineering principles and expertise in a specialist skill area such as C&I, Mechanical or Electrical.
- A detailed understanding of the theory and application of a safe system of work, and a good awareness of hazard identification, risk assessment and risk management.
- The ability to provide expert advice and practical guidance, and to form effective working relationships with site and external staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills as well as the confidence to challenge contractors on the methods, quality and standards of their work if you need to.
- The excellent organisational skills it takes to plan, prioritise and consistently deliver against tight time constraints.
Suitable Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.