We are currently recruiting on behalf on an Award Winning Analytical Lab who provide high quality analytical services and bespoke specialist testing throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe.
They are currently looking for a Lab Manager to join their talented team on professionals based in Newmarket.
- Line management of staff to ensure the generation of accurate and timely data in line with client expectations and UKAS standards.
- Maintenance of the Companies' Quality Management System including root cause analysis and communicating with clients on technical matters.
- Assistance in maintenance programmes for the Departments specific analytical instrumentation and any other analytical equipment used by the Department. Maintenance procedures shall ensure that instruments are kept in a clean and serviceable condition and that routine in house maintenance procedures are kept up to date.
- Maintenance, storage and labelling of adequate stocks of reagents, standards and consumables.
- Consultation with the Operations Manager when turnaround deadlines cannot be met with reasons and proposals to Remedy the problem, including when insufficient resources are available to fulfil the duties of the Department.
- Managing the performance, training and development of staff and conducting their appraisals in line with Company policies and procedures. Areas of discipline considered to be outside of the responsibility of this role must be reported to the Operations Manager.
- Degree/HNC or equivalent experience - Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Forensic Science or related Science degree
- 3-5 years Lab Management Experience - Analytical Chemistry Lab
- Environmental Chemistry lab experience is desirable
- People Management skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
Full Time, Permanent Position.
9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
My client is located in the beautiful town of Newmarket - just over a mile away from the train station, so it is easily accessible from the surrounding areas.
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.