Verifile is the UK's leading provider of CV verification and background screening services. Whilst we still have the feel of a start-up, this business has been trading for 15 years and is now an established market leader, with our services used globally and with an impressive customer base.
As you can imagine, technology has massively transformed our business and how clients interact with us. It is fair to say that when we started we had a manual service powered by technology, and today we are a technology business run by people.
We plan to triple in size by 2020 and we understand that it is our ability to automate processes, whilst still being human centered and maintaining focus on delivering the best client/candidate experience that will help us get there.
Fresh off the back of winning the prestigious Queens Award 2019 for Enterprise, we can genuinely say that this is an outstanding opportunity to join this exciting and rapidly expanding company.
Purpose of the position:
To be a key contributor within the Verifile Technologies team and deliver software and systems according to the Verifile product development roadmap.
- Investing in Modernisation Programs - putting the client and candidate experience first
- Integration work - (including international products)
- Automation - as a rapidly growing organisation automation is key to ensuring efficient use of time and overall improvements to service delivery.
- Azure migration
The ideal person for this role:
This person will be a widely experienced developer with a high level of skill and experience at all levels of the technology stack, including server-side, database, API, and front-end
- They will be equally capable of coding for both front and back-end aspects of the Verifile system
- They will be an expert trouble-shooter with a calm, systematic approach to solving day to day issues
- They will have great attention to detail and will have a practical common-sense approach to the ongoing challenges of software development
- This person will have held a variety of software development roles and be able to draw on this experience to the benefit of the team
Undertake coding activities to deliver quality software solutions according to the product roadmap
- Ensure that all solutions conform to the defined software architecture
- Provide mentoring and support to others in the team
- Contribute to system architecture decisions, system and user interface designs
- Identify and mitigate technical risks for all software projects
- Expert-level knowledge of software development as a practitioner in commercial environments
- Sound understanding of software architectures and relevant underpinning concepts including relational data modelling, the relevance and applications of NoSQL, performance and optimisation issues, concurrency algorithms, object-oriented design patterns, scaling and concurrency.
- Knowledge of Azure-based web application development
- 5+ years' experience within a software team in a commercial environment
- Familiarity with the background screening industry
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum approach
- Hands-on experience with a front-end framework like Angular or React
We are pleased to be able to offer our employees a wide range of facilities/services which help to provide a stimulating working environment:
- A diverse international community
- A stimulating, knowledge-based environment
- On-site refreshment facilities including beans-to-cup coffee machines
- Company treats and events every month
- Employees led charity events
- Big company Christmas party and other seasonal treats
- Green open space with outdoor seating
- Environmentally friendly policies
- Free car parking
- Modern, spacious offices with air conditioning
- A competitive salary which will be reviewed annually.
- 23 days paid holiday plus Bank Holiday, increasing to 25 days after 2 years of service.
- Pension scheme (Auto-Enrolment).
- Exclusive perks and big discounts through Perkbox.
- A super service reward scheme for 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years and even beyond. You can expect to choose from extra holidays, shopping and theatre vouchers, cleaner and gardener for a year and many other rewards.
- To celebrate 1 year service you and a guest will be treated to a 3 course meal at a top local restaurant.
- Employee referral scheme: receive ??1,000 for introducing a new employee!
- Summer and Christmas events.
Through diversity, we aim to create a culture in which everyone can work together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential.
* Please be made aware a full pre-employment background check is required for this position.
** This ad is not intended to discriminate in anyway