Job Title: Payroll Consultant
Location: Farnborough, UK
Duration: 6 months (Can be extendable)
- Support the Payroll Liaison Manager in ensuring the timely and accurate processing of monthly payroll for the Client businesses. Assist the team Manager in ensuring the day to day sub contracted payroll services managed by ADP on behalf of Client deliver to planned levels of performance, customer service, quality and compliance targets as set out in the service agreement.
- Ensure all Client's own payroll activities are conducted in accordance with all agreed requirements and all internal information, data and reports required by Client's benefit providers and ADP are provided according to required standards.
- Client works with ADP using HR (HRNet) and Payroll (Freedom) systems. Permanent/static data for payroll is provided though HRNet (maintained by the HR function) whilst variable data is the responsibility of Client Payroll team.
- As a team ensuring that Payroll data (principally monthly variable data) is accurate and maintained in accordance with company processes and procedures.
- Liaising directly with HMRC and third parties (DWP, Audit, 3rd party service providers) with respect to all non payment related queries, ensuring ADP does the same in all payment related matters and in accordance with agreement requirements.
- Manage suppliers and client's compliance with all payroll related aspects of HMRC, legislative and internal/external audit requirements.
- Act as the payroll subject matter expert in all compensation and benefit related projects and administrative procedures (This role is shared with HR Department and ADP).
- Preparation of set up/Communication regarding Pension and Auto Enrolment.
- Administration of access to client flexible benefits scheme to new starters. Additional responsibilities for flexible benefit system annual renewal/systems testing in conjunction with HR and 3rd party provider (Benefex)
- Reporting - Responsibilities include running of Monthly Reports for Finance and Pension
- Net deductions, monitoring of absence recording and reporting to 3rd party flexible benefit providers of changes/monthly reports.
- Financial - Supports the Preparation, reconciliation and input of monthly Payroll Journals/accounting requirements as required by the Finance Department.
- Control the validation and distribution of year end reporting tasks and P60/P11D data submission and validation.
- Administration of season ticket loan requests.
- As a team action those employee queries within the scope of the payroll team responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrable experience of supervising payroll services/working with an external Payroll provider
- Payroll/and accounting qualifications are desirable.
- Strong operational knowledge of ADP Freedom' payroll application essential.
- Knowledge of associated ADP HRNet' system - ideally)
- Familiarity with current HMRC payroll legislation/procedures
- Demonstrates good issues management/problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written - the ability to handle communication with all levels of the business up to Executive Management level
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues
- Microsoft Office experience - intermediate MS Excel (Vlookup/Pivot tables)/MS Word skills are required for data processing.