*HVDC ENGINEER LOCATED IN SOUTHAMPTON OR KENT.*
ROLE- HVDC ENGINEER
LOCATION- SOUTHAMPTON AND KENT
DURATION- 6 MONTH CONTRACT
RATE COMPETITIVE ??500/550 PER WORKING DAY
The team context
The Asset Strategy and Safety Assurance Team, part of the wider GB:FR Interconnectors Team, is responsible for ensuring the safety of our people and making sure every penny we spend on our assets at IFA1 and IFA2 delivers maximum value. This team is the pivot point of the commercial and asset operations team ensuring we have best in class asset strategies that overlay the commercial complexities of the GB:FR interconnector business. The team leads on defining the requirements of our assets and then aligns interventions to deliver performance in the most efficient way. We are also responsible for setting and executing the compliance and assurance frameworks for the GB:FR interconnectors business, covering safety, health and environmental, quality and risk management.
The GB:FR HVDC Convertor Strategy Engineer is responsible for the creation, development and delivery of best in class asset strategies across the full HVDC convertor station and is responsible for optimising plans to meet the commercial requirements of IFA and IFA2. The role holder will provide technical leadership and expertise on all aspects of the HVDC Convertor station to the interconnector's portfolio. From developing asset health frameworks, risk management process and investment planning this role will influence in year delivery and give strategic direction over a convertor stations life cycle.
The role is critical to the commercial success of the GB:FR interconnectors business and is the gate keeper for one of the most critical plant on the interconnector system. The role holder will also be the main interface with critical plant manufacturers, maintenance delivery partners and will be responsible for developing innovative products, contracts and services that help ensure high availability and performance of our 3GW's of interconnector and inform the future strategy for the wider NGV portfolio.
Excellent stakeholder management is a fundamental aspect of the role and having fantastic relationships with our partner in Rte is crucial to the GB:FR team having success. Alignment of our drivers on both a technical and commercial level ensures delivery of maximum value for the French Interconnectors.
- Develop, implement and own the interconnector HVDC convertor station asset management strategy, ensuring whole life cycle is managed to maximise station performance in terms of availability, ensuring maximum return and delivery of commitments.
- Act as technical lead for projects and work constructively with Joint Venture partners to develop joint solutions.
- Lead technical investigations on asset failures, derive and report root cause and implement mitigating corrective action. Identify impact on asset policy & maintenance regimes and implement changes.
- Lead the development, implementation of the Interconnector HVDC management system.
- Ensure risks related to HVDC asset management are accurately captured and reported and mitigating actions are in place and discharged.
- Work with other utilities and industry bodies to constantly review ensure best practice shared across the Interconnector cable portfolio.
- represent the operational requirements for HVDC Systems.
- Represent the client externally to drive industry guidance and policy.
- Support the development of internal expertise buy sharing knowledge and mentoring others.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunity's employer.