Outbound Delivery Driver
Midland Fish Company Ltd
MFC Ltd is an established Family Run firm with many years of experience in catching, processing and marketing of fresh fish and seafood throughout the UK and Europe.
Are you hard-working, dependable, used to early rises and working unsociable hours along with being a team player with willingness to learn and support colleagues, then we would like to invite you to apply for a position of Delivery Driver and be part of an expanding established business.
Post: Outbound Delivery Driver
Hours of Work: Up To 40 Hours Per Week
(Start time 12.30 p.m. - Varied Finish Times and any additional hours that may be required to meet the needs of the business during busy periods)
Working as part of the delivery team you will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of goods to pre-determined customers on specific routes in the North West as well as nationally. Reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading of your vehicle and providing exceptional customer service to our customer base, undertaking vehicle checks prior to delivery and keeping a vehicle log.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Obtains payments by accepting cash and cheque; providing written carbonated receipts
- Notifying of any returns and/or items for credit
- Paying monies and receipts to office for verification and recording
- Maintain van operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance records along with mileage logs.
- Dealing with any queries where able and/or contacting office for further guidance and confirmation for pricing, quantities etc.
- Properly uses and maintains delivery equipment
- Drive safely and follow all Laws and Rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Keep the Company Vehicle clean and clean the van interior after each shift and ensure it is well-maintained, has fuel, oil and is ready to drive; recording of mileage or any repairs required etc., on vehicle record form
- Communicate with customers by phone to update them of time of deliveries, when required; if there have been issues or changes to their estimated time of arrival
- Maintain contact with Management of any change of delivery, route or schedule
- Inform Management of any obstructions to making safe, efficient deliveries on time.
- Undertake other duties as required consistent with the duties of the post and the needs of the business as instructed from supervisors and/or management
Skills and Specifications:
- Full, Clean Driving Licence; Under Business Insurance Requirements, Applicant MUST be Aged 25+; No driving disqualifications within the last three years
- Previous delivery driving ability
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, on one's own initiative and as part of a delivery team
- Ability to drive long distances and sit for long periods of time
- Be physically able for loading and unloading of boxes
Please Apply, In Writing with a Current CV or by Email with CV Attached and Send / Post to:
Mrs. Penny Wray, Administration Manager
Midland Fish Company Ltd
Units 34-38, The Fish Docks
Closing Date For Applications: Friday 5 July 2019
If You Have Not Heard From Us Within 4 Weeks of the Closing Date, Please Assume, On This Occasion, That Your Application Has Not Been Successful and We Wish You Well for Your Future Endeavours.