The rate of pay is from £8.00-9.50 per hour, depending on experience.
Full time permanent, 38 up to 40 hours per week.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential for this position.
Beis Pinchos Nursing Home is a beautiful Orthodox Jewish care home situated in North London, providing an excellent interior and atmosphere for a comfortable retirement, with skilled and friendly carers on hand throughout the day and night.
With comfortable dining and living areas, Beis Pinchos supports active daily living, also with good wheelchair access and an enclosed garden. Carers are experienced in a depth of care issues, including in the provision of services for individuals diagnosed with dementia.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Care Assistant which is a highly motivated individual with good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills, who thrives on working independently and part of a cohesive team. Join us, and enjoy great opportunities for professional growth in a challenging environment with flexible working hours which meets your needs.
Purpose of Post:
· You will be a member of the care team appointed to support the physical, emotional and social needs of residents.
· You must maximise resident's independence, dignity and choice and must give adequate support, and if necessary, total care to residents.
· High standards of personal care and socially acceptable behaviour must constantly be maintained.
· To be involved in the social activities with residents e.g. outings, exercising and other simulative activities.
· To exercise responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act as laid down or as amended from time to time.
Skills & Requirements:
· Basic Literacy & Numeracy skills
· Willing to undertake QCF or equivalent qualification
· Demonstrate a basic understanding of the needs of the resident and the role of the Carer/Health Care Assistant (HCA)
· Willing to develop skills and competency relevant to the role
· Health & Social Care experience or previous experience as a carer
· Understanding of the cultural ethos of the home and willingness to extend this knowledge
AIHA Is interested in interviewing immediately so if you feel as though you meet the criteria then please apply now!
Please click 'Apply' to forward a copy of your CV