Risk Oversight Change Manager
Are you an experienced Change/Project Manager with a track record of working within a risk centric business area?
Would you like the opportunity to work for a leading banking brand during an exciting period of change?
If the answer is yes that I am keen to have a conversation with you about an exciting Operational Risk Oversight manager role within Change for our client; a leading banking brand within Edinburgh. For this role you should be very experienced of working within Change in a risk centric role.
What's in it for you?
- Generous car allowance as standard.
- Fantastic company pension and choice of flex benefits (included)
- 10% annual Bonus to target.
- Flexible working, Private Medical and employee discounts.
- Share save and Share Match schemes.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with many senior leaders across functions and locations to check and challenge the effective delivery of portfolios and projects - the majority of which will be heavily reliant on technology change.
- Review project management policies, processes, and procedures to ensure they remain fit for purpose, and influence senior owners where changes need to be made
- Embed yourself within materially important project decisioning processes through attendance and participation at key governance meetings to check and challenge; project governance, design, build, test, and implementation plans and controls.
- Deliver independent project oversight reviews to provide opinion on the risks associated with the delivery of projects on time, to budget, and to scope
- Provide oversight on other operational risk categories as required to support your senior manager
What do you need to have?
- Experience of working with, or oversighting, project, business, and IT leaders to deliver business requirements through formal portfolios and projects
- Knowledge of project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall and the ability to ensure appropriate control frameworks are in place and operating effectively.
- Ability to operate with appropriate impact and influence, you will have a proven ability to manage a range of stakeholders and deliver to tight timescales. More importantly, you will be able to challenge/influence project leads in the moment to ensure that first line teams have appropriate controls in place or are obtaining suitable senior stakeholder acceptance of risks.
- Ability to escalate quickly and with impact both internally and to external stakeholders if project quality or time constraints are inadequately documented or managed.
As you can imagine this role will be very popular so move quickly to avoid disappointment. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please get in contact with Graeme Tainsh or by emailing (see below) for a confidential discussion.