Trade Operations Support
Our Client, a newly established FCA regulated broker-dealer specialising in CryptoAssets,Currencies, Commodities and Clearing products. They operate across a range of countries dealing only with a range of counterparties from tier-1 banks through to hedge funds, asset managers and proprietary traders
As a market leader, the talent and passion of their people is critical to our success. Together, they share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
Their newly established Glasgow office has been formed to provide Trading Operations, Support and monitoring. Due to their growing business, they have a demand for career minded people to join their teams. Their opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Their Glasgow team will operate 24 hours a day to meet client demands
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting their financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all their businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors.
Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording large numbers of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and E-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Trading Operations is a team of dedicated professionals, performing myriad functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Technology to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in processes. At all times they are focused on delivering quality service to clients.
Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by on behalf of their clients in CryptoAssets, currencies, commodities and other OTC Derivatives.
This team role is within Trade and Client Operations team, who are responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of transaction reporting obligations. Responsibilities include trade monitoring across multiple asset classes including CryptoAssets, currencies, commodities and other OTC derrivatives. Given the ever changing regulatory landscape; technology priorities are aligned to areas of maximum exposure and Operations are receiving the necessary rule guidance and interpretation from Trading and Compliance to support new and existing requirements effectively.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for coordinating across multiple stakeholders such as Technology, Client Relationship Managers, and Compliance, to undertake the appropriate actions.
- Be available to work shifts as assigned by their line manager which will include night and weekend shifts
- Knowledge of Derivative Products - Including currencies/FX, Commodities, CryptoAssets, Equity, Credit and Interest Rates or other OTC derivatives
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, including interfacing across all levels and with Vendors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Ability to partner with colleagues across functions and lead effectively across geographical boundaries
- Strong experience of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Functional knowledge of Operations and trade life cycle
- Familiarity with trading and Back Office platforms