Salary: £20,000 to £24,000 depending on skills and experience
Working hours: Full time, Permanent role working 37.5 hours per week
Location: Oxford - Cowley - OX4 1JE
Closing date: 9am on Monday 8th July 2019
Interview date: week commencing 15th July 2019 in Oxford
The Ethical Property Company
We are changing the way society benefits from property. We are one of the UK's leading social businesses, managing a variety of workspaces including office, retail, meeting/event spaces as well as studios and educational spaces, that are used by some of the UK's most influential and creative charities, not-for-profits, voluntary groups and small enterprises.
In our 23 Centres across England, Scotland and Wales, we support approximately 1,000 organisations per year. We are proving that business can have a social impact, care for the environment and be profitable.
Each Centre is managed to a high environmental standard and we encourage the use of public transport and the sharing of resources wherever possible. Tenant contracts are flexible and transparent and we ensure that our processes and procedures are simple and efficient, allowing tenants to focus on their individual objectives.
We have ambitious plans for growth, aiming to at least double the size of our portfolio and impact by 2020. In order to achieve this, we must ensure that we have the right people to enable us to expand whilst continuing to deliver a high standard of services to our customers.
This is an opportunity for a capable and enthusiastic individual who shares our values to work for one of the UK's leading social businesses. Based in our Oxford head office, you will directly contribute to the successful operation of the company by providing reliable and efficient support to colleagues and customers in the key area of tenant administration. The role will give you the opportunity to gain an insight into many aspects of our fast-growing and innovative organisation and to see at first-hand how we put our commitment to society and the environment into practice whilst running a financially sound business.
You will share responsibility with the other Operation Assistants, for all tenant-related administration and record-keeping and will be one of the first points of contact for new tenants. You will be line managed by the Operations Manager. You will assist the Operations Manager with organising the quarterly Operational Management Team meetings. You may occasionally be required to travel elsewhere within the UK.
As Operations Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
Tenant Administration - 70%
* Assisting the Operations Manager with a range of tenant administration, including:
* Coordinating processes for tenants moving in and out, including liaison with tenants and with Sales, Property Management, Finance and IT teams, and issuing new leases and licences from standard templates
* Dealing with elements of sales and finance (not currently part of the role but likely to be introduced shortly subject to an ongoing review)
* Maintaining and updating templates of leases and licences and Netsuite
* Keeping tenants' electronic and paper records up-to-date
* Dealing with tenants' administrative queries
Business rates administration - 15%
Becoming familiar with business rates rules and practices and supporting Operations Assistant with:
* Calculating business rates liability for each of our buildings and ensuring that the correct business rates are charged
* Identifying the most appropriate business rates treatment for new units/buildings
Development of NETSUITE (Company CRM database) - 5%
* Assisting the Operations Manager with the development and implementation of the Netsuite system
* Assisting staff with importing / exporting data, producing reports, setting up dashboard
Central purchasing contracts (e.g. sanitary bins, photocopiers) - 5%
* Dealing with annual contract renewals and obtaining best prices
General duties - 5%
* General admin support to the department
* Drafting some communication materials
* Filing and any other administrative tasks as required
(Percentages are indicative of the time to be spent on each aspect of the role, but may well vary in practice.)
The successful candidate will:
* Be highly organised and efficient, with an ability to prioritise work within tight deadlines, to multi-task and to be flexible
* Have strong analytical skills
* Have a high level of attention to detail and precision, including having the aptitude and patience to sort out detailed problems from time to time
* Be able to act quickly and effectively and use initiative
* Have excellent oral and written communications skills in English, including the ability to communicate with customers on administrative details politely and effectively
* Have a logical and creative approach to problem solving
* Have some experience of numerical analysis and presenting numerical information in Excel
Experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
* The social or environmental sector
* Property administration
* Familiarity with legal documentation
* Property law.
* Sales experience
To Apply: Please click 'Apply' now.
Please note, you must be eligible to work in the UK in order to apply for this role. We cannot support visas.