Initial 6 months
Corporate and Investment Bank Finance and Business Management
The Legal Entity Control (LEC) team are also responsible for the production of the statutory financial statements in the UK.
- Produce statutory financial statements, including audit support and files.
- Support technical UK GAAP/IFRS accounting analyses including accounting memos.
- Involvement in new accounting standard implementation relevant to legal entity (ie IFRS 9/15).
- Support various projects and initiatives which impact the legal entity including product, Infrastructure, Regulatory, Compliance and other business driven initiatives.
- Produce other legal entity specific CRD IV required reporting.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders including PwC, Product Control, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Technology and Corporate teams to enable an effective coordination of the process.
- Work closely with PwC auditors to ensure the issues are resolved and the deadlines are met.
- Prepare board reports and present to the board of directors the statutory financial statements.
- Co-ordinate various statutory financial statements production & audit tasks and support the team on various initiatives.
- Ownership of statutory financial statements software (W-desk).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant (ie CA, ACCA, CPA etc.) with 2-4 years Post Qualification Experience.
- Experience of investment bank financial accounting and products.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with experience in financial statement production and managing audits.
- Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and an ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical ability, being able to discuss legal entity and business results and issues with senior management.
- Good product knowledge, with an ability to develop an understanding of new/complex products.
- Ability to partner and influence across businesses and other support groups.
- Control focus mind-set at all times, whilst respectively challenging the status quo.
- Attention to detail whilst being cognizant of materiality levels.
- Project management experience.