Building Operations Manager
Harvey Nash are now recruiting for a Building Operations Manager for a public sector client in the Glasgow location, this will be on a fixed term arrangement of two years.
- You will be responsible for the overall line management of our client's operations team that are responsible for a centre that provides a space for collaboration between industry and academia work, across a diverse range of faculties.
- The Operations team will include the reception, stores and shared facilities
- To be the main point of contact in terms of operational business-as-usual to ensure that the operation of the building provides a high quality working environment and Conferencing and Events venue
- Work closely with research groups and industry partners to foster, develop and maintain a fully functional open innovation environment by regularly reviewing and addressing current and anticipated stakeholder requirements
- Take a lead role in resolving complaints, problems, and requests from building occupants and tenants liaising
- Work with Operations colleagues to ensure an appropriate operational budget is set, provide advice and support on annual budget planning for operational and wider departmental strategic planning
- Work with colleagues to ensure that all Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes and service contracts are implemented and delivered within the building
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Manager to ensure that the H&S arrangements for the building are implemented. Report issues/escalate, attend and participate TIC Health & Safety Committee Meetings
- Applicants will require minimum relevant degree or professional qualification/equivalent in Facilities/Engineering/Building Surveying alongside significant relevant experience in a similar Building Operations/Facilities Management role.
- Membership of a relevant professional body eg IWFM, RICS, CIBSE
- Health and Safety qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience within a public sector organisation
- Previous relevant experience in a front of house/customer service role experience of developing short, medium and long term plans in line with wider targets and objectives
- Experience of developing and managing operational budgets and resources
- Experience of managing operations within a potentially hazardous scientific/research facility
Fantastic pension with an employer contribution of 18%, holiday entitlement of 31 days and an additional entitlement to 11 public holidays, Childcare Voucher Scheme Policy (operates as a salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to make savings on tax and national insurance contributions), onsite campus nursery, cycle to work scheme, access to a wide number of Health & Wellbeing events that take place regularly across the campus.
Please submit your CV today for consideration