Finance & Admin Assistant
Job Title: Finance and Admin Assistant
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 pro rata
Hours: Flexible hours. 2 – 3 days per week
Location: Based in our Lancaster office with the possibility of travel to Valencia and Nigeria.
Universal Learning Solutions is a not-for-profit organisation that works with government, educators, donors and experts around the world to provide bespoke services that deliver innovative literacy solutions.
Our work enables and enthuses teachers to deliver high quality literacy tuition and builds the institutional capacity of partners through knowledge and skills transfer. This gives children of all abilities the skills needed to read and write and helps governments meet their global education targets.
Our vision is of a world where all children can read and write with confidence and enjoy their right to learn. Through this we believe we can help release a child’s infinite potential.
The primary role of the Finance and Admin Assistant is to help maintain all finance systems and processes for the UK, Nigerian and South African companies.
The Finance and Admin Assistant will be responsible for all data entry and reconciling using both Sage Line 50 and excel.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Processing of all sales and purchase ledger documents for all companies.
- Completing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Entering online bank payments ready for approval.
- Completing payment transfer requests for Nigeria and ensuring all budget codes are included, in line with the Company policy.
- Verifying travel expense claims and payments.
- Assistance with annual budgets for all companies with the Finance Manager.
- Assistance with preparation of annual accounts for all companies.
HR & Payroll:
- Preparing and emailing the UK payslips.
- Processing the monthly payroll for the Nigerian staff using excel and make bulk online payments.
- Maintaining company absence records.
- Assist with pension schedules.
- Assist with any recruitment.
- Work with Chief Operating Officer on travel preparations.
- Telephone overseas suppliers/staff.
- Maintain databases, as and when required.
- Assist with mail outs and bulk text messages.
- Support Chief Operating Officer with additional admin tasks as and when required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and financial skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines.
- Strong ability, to be able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks - Good attention to detail.
- Good computer skills especially Microsoft excel and Sage.
- Accurate and thorough in work.
- Good collaboration with colleagues inside and outside finance.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
We will require candidates to be qualified in the majority of points below from both the ‘desirable’ and ‘essential’ criteria:
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience within an accounting role.
- Educated to A level or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of accounting software and excel.
- Positive working ethos and personal values in line with those of the organisation.
- Working knowledge of payroll and pension systems.
- Willingness to travel overseas.
- Experience working with international non-governmental organisations, preferably in the field of education / literacy in the developing world.
To be successful as a member of the Universal Learning Solutions team you will also:
- Have a passion for Universal Learning Solutions’ mission and a strong desire to work for a not-for-profit organisation to bring about positive social change.
- Adhere to Universal Learning Solutions’ core values including family, humility, quality and flexibility.
To apply please send CV and covering letter to Keri@universallearningsolutions.org by 5pm on 23rd July 2019, interviews will be held the following week at our Lancaster office.