Job Title: Delivery Driver
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Salary & Benefits: starting £10.50 per hour (reviewed after 3 months), Overtime paid at time and a quarter (after 45 hours) & other benefits
Working Hours: 45 hour week, Permanent Days, Monday to Friday, early starts (Shift start times are approximately 4 am – 7 am) potential for late finish so flexibility required*
* (May be required to work up to 12 hour+ shifts depending on business needs)
The Company: EPD Insulation Group supply Dry Lining, Plastering and Screeding materials to the Trade and Public. They are currently looking to employ a Delivery Driver to join our growing team.
The Role: Delivering building materials to local, regional and national trade & public customers. You will be required to build and maintain good working relations with customers and ensure customers remain satisfied and that you uphold the company's great reputation at all times.
Key responsibilities: -
- Carrying out daily checks in line with company procedures prior to leaving depot to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy, the load is safe and secure and the correct vehicle is being taken out
- Fuel management
- Record paperwork (Delivery notes) and handle cash when required
- Must be physically fit as manual handling of deliveries will be required
Key experience for this role: -
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable (Multi drop, Courier, 3.5 tonne etc.)
- Vehicles are loaded up to a max height of 15”1 – Similar to driving a 7.5 tonne vehicle
- Must have Valid Driving Licence you can use in the UK
- Good geographical and road knowledge
- Experience driving 3.5 tonne vehicles desirable
- Experience of using ratchet & straps would be useful
- Must have good customer facing and spoken communication skills
- For insurance purposes must be over 25 and have less than 7 points on licence for insurance purposes
If you are interested in the above position please click apply.