City Tours Manager
We are embarking on an exciting new venture which aims to deliver an experience that will create unforgettable memories for visitors to the City of Edinburgh. We are seeking a dynamic, driven and determined individual with commercial acumen, resilience and leadership skills to join us in a critical role to lead the establishment of a new City Tours unit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and direction whilst motivating a brand-new team to deliver an excellent and unforgettable customer experience.
As City Tours Manager you will oversee the day-to-day City tour offer, interacting with key stakeholders and developing commercial partnerships whilst also directing, co-ordinating and engaging with the Street Sales teams to deliver sales targets, provide a professional experience to achieve excellent customer satisfaction ratings.
Working in conjunction with our Operations team you will also be responsible for engaging with our City Tour Drivers to provide a welcoming, memorable and safe journey around Edinburgh's sights and landmarks.
• To ensure the cost efficient and profitable delivery of a safe and reliable Tourist Bus sightseeing service complying with all the safety and compliance requirements
• To promote the Tour Bus offer across appropriate stakeholders and commercial partners to increase Revenue and increase Market Share across the area of operation
• Manage information, systems and data both retrospectively and proactively to ensure continuous improvement of service performance
• To establish and develop the service presence on Trip Advisor, continually improving the rating through the motivation and communication to On-Street Sales team and Tour Drivers
• Drive engagement and motivation of Tour Drivers and the On-Street Sales team
• Ensure collaboration between Operations, Engineering and Tour Bus Sightseeing colleagues, fostering excellent working relationships to ensure a consistent customer experience
• To manage the On-Street Sales delivery team in accordance with FirstGroup policies, standard operating procedures and all relevant legislation
• To work with Operations to manage the Tour Drivers in accordance with FirstGroup policies, standard operating procedures and all relevant legislation
• To manage the Commission Scheme and Incentives to meet operational and commercial targets
• To deliver agreed plans and budgets, including established level of service and service quality
• To work with Operations to ensure staff planning and resourcing meets the operating requirements of the Tourist Bus unit
• Ensure all team members are provided with the appropriate tools, uniform and equipment to deliver both the service requirements and any point of sale responsibilities
• Ensure an effective working relationship with recognised trade union representatives
• To manage and plan collision reduction and staff/passenger injury reduction
• To manage and deliver agreed key performance indicators
• To effectively manage the On-Street Sales teams in all areas of people management; development, absence management and compliance
• To ensure positive working relationships are maintained with internal customers
• Liaise with external bodies to improve profitability
• To ensure all cash handling and ticketing procedures are followed to maximise ticket sales preventing fraud and revenue leakage
• Other duties commensurate with the role as may be deemed appropriate by your line manager.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
• Proven leadership skills are essential to provide strategic and day to day direction to your team
• Experience of working in a Commercial or Sales environment preferable
• Ability to work in collaboration with commercial partners
• Strong influencing, communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent customer service and customer satisfaction focus
• A team builder and driver of high-performance teams, preferably in a Commercial setting
• A passion for safety and driving to deliver a high performing safety behavioural culture
• Budgetary and financial experience with a capability in logical system analysis to communicate results in formats comprehensible to all disciplines
• Ability in being able to encourage and endorse commitment to set long/short-term objectives
• Mentoring/coaching skills in the progression of the deliverables of the business
• Self-starter and straightforward communicator with the skill set to promote the customer facing business in a positive light with the capacity to inspire in a structured and encouraging way
• Aptitude to build and maintain stakeholder relations, indicative of a professional leader
• Capacity to be flexible and adaptable manage and commute between multi-site operations, providing cover when required
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel.
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success - Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension - You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance - For all members of our pension scheme.