Prisoner Custody Officer / Escort Custody Officer / Driver
LOCATION: Buckingham, Buckinghamshire
JOB TITLE: Prisoner Custody Officer / Escort Custody Officer / Drivers
SALARY & BENEFITS: £20,529.60 plus potential overtime and great benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme and life assurance, healthcare cash plan Discount & Childcare vouchers
WORKING HOURS: Full Time – 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday with potential rostered Saturdays
THE COMPANY: Are you a patient, understanding individual and do you thrive when working as part of a team? If you are looking for a new challenge where no day is the same then our client wants to hear from you!
Our client are a well respected prisoner transportation company who provide the safe and secure transportation and custody suite services for prisoners and young people in custody across England, Scotland and Wales and our now looking for Prisoner Custody Officer / Escort Custody Officer / Drivers to join their existing team based in Buckingham, Buckinghamshire.
THE ROLE: As a Prisoner Custody Officer / Escort Custody Officer / Drivers your primary responsibility is maintaining the welfare of the people in our clients custody, providing care and support during their time in the court system. You will provide a duty of care to prisoners and will treat them fairly and decently without discrimination, with respect for their dignity, and with understanding and compassion. This is a varied and interesting role where no day can be the same, and full training including first aid, mental health, and control and restraint will be given to candidates as well as an excellent salary, benefits and working conditions.
The Prisoner Custody Officer / Escort Custody Officer / Drivers role is an immensely rewarding role that provides a wide spectrum of responsibilities and will especially appeal to those with a sense of public duty and a willingness to support your fellow citizen. In addition to job security you will receive a competitive salary with numerous excellent benefits, incentives and opportunities to develop your career.
Key Responsibilities for the Prisoner Custody Officer / Escort Custody Officer / Drivers role include :-
- Responsible for the safe and secure movement of people in our client's custody; including out of prison, in vehicles, at court including to the dock, and on legal visits and comfort breaks
- Ensure the welfare of people in custody, including conducting risk assessments for vulnerable or ‘at risk’ people, managing meal times & snacks as well as ensuring comfort stops are taken when necessary whilst in transit
- Ensuring all ‘prisoner checks’ are completed and recorded
- Manage incidents if they occur including potential use of physical force to control and restrain when required
- Liaise and work with third party agencies including the police and prison services to ensure correct documentation is completed
**Please note short-listed candidates and candidates of interest for interview will be provided with a full Job Description and Person Specification on the position
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the role should be a calm and patient person who has excellent communication skills and can effectively build good working relations with people on all levels. You should be someone who has a positive and practical attitude, is non judgemental and can provide a high level of care to people. You must be organised and able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure, and candidates must have a valid UK Driving Licence and live within commutable distance to Buckingham. Although not essential, candidates with a valid C1 driving licence would be highly desirable.
Due to the nature of this role you should be someone who is physically fit, must be comfortable in confined spaces with prisoners, able to commit to a flexible working pattern and be happy to undergo a vetting process and DBS checks a well as extensive training in a classroom setting.
Key Experience / Characteristics preferred for the Prisoner Custody Officer / Escort Custody Officer / Drivers role :-
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Should be a calm, caring and patient individual
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines
- Must adequate means to commute to Buckingham and have a valid UK Driving Licence (C1 Licence highly desirable but not essential)
- Must be Physical fit and able to use force and restrain when required
- Flexibility with the hours you can work is essential
- A positive and practical attitude is essential
Please not successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview and assessment.
Due to the nature of this role and working with young offenders, our client has vetting process which would require candidates to undergo a DBS check and disclose personal and financial information.
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps