Process Development Engineering Co-ordinator
Vacancy: Process Development Engineering Coordinator
Job Family_ Engineering. ???
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chemical or Process Engineer to join the Process Development Engineering Group, within Regional Operations. This group is multi-disciplined with process engineering at its core and has two key deliverables within the business_ technical understanding and development of our Unit Operations, and supporting product industrialisation from lab to full scale production. Essential to both is defining how the key characteristics of our products are maintained through the application of fundamental process knowledge at each stage of the scale-up life-cycle in a safe and sustainable way to deliver robustness in final manufacture. In this wide-ranging role, you will demonstrate strong fundamental engineering skills, have an ability to understand business strategy and stakeholder requirements, and to independently translate these into projects with clear deliverable benefits. You will thrive working, and sometimes leading, multi-disciplinary teams, including across multiple Operations sites, and with Development and Industrialization functions. This is a fantastic opportunity to become a senior member of a core engineering team, helping deliver manufacturing excellence throughout the business in response to growth and development in products, technology and markets.
• Carry out all activities in compliance with JM Group EHS and technical Process Safety standards. Actively influence and promote positive health and safety behaviours.
• Lead the execution and completion of multiple engineering projects, covering process design, process operations, process industrialisation and installation project management.
• Help resource team to produce and communicate technical process information and understanding to drive improvement of products and processes, gaining competitive advantage in the marketplace.
• Strongly contribute to team goal of developing processes and unit operations that provide the capability required to meet product requirements. This is to guarantee that Operations has process capability to manufacture products to meet sales and operational planning forecasts for the Region.
• Lead and supervise others in commissioning and process engineering support for new processes and equipment installations within Clean Air Operations.
Are you the ideal candidate?
• Masters in Chemical or Process Engineering, or similar Engineering discipline along with significant professional industry experience.
• Excellent communication skills, an ability to work across cultural and geographical boundaries and able to demonstrate a strong, team-based, problem solving approach, with evidence that you can present complex data and engineering concepts to a variety of audiences.
• Experience in leading diverse teams of people and of coaching and developing others.
• Experience managing and leading multiple projects, with a positive and flexible attitude. You will also have proven time and project management skills and the ability to respond to changing business priorities.
• Experience in Operations support with an appreciation of Lean Manufacturing and quality management systems would be beneficial.
How to apply_
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. For more information please contact
Closing date 21st July 2019
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and
eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or
maternity, religion or belief.