Location: BRIMSDOWN (Enfield, North London)
Job Family_ Engineering.
Johnson Matthey currently have an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Maintenance Manager to lead, motivate, develop and coach the onsite maintenance team at our Brimsdown site in Enfield, North London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for health and safety of the maintenance department within our upper tier COMAH site. Overseeing the day to day running of the maintenance function to ensure operations and stakeholders are supported at all times.
The Maintenance Manager will also ensure that the maintenance teams have the relevant skills to attend all plant and equipment issues as well as co-ordinating the management of change requests for Brimsdown for all equipment changes.Key responsibilities
- Co-ordination and day-to-day management of work completion for all types of maintenance
- Ensure that the skills and competencies of the Maintenance team are constantly developed
- Ensuring that the optimum resource is deployed necessary to complete the works and that non-productive time is minimised or eliminated
- Ensure that effective team member and contractor performance reviews take place, that measurement and review drives continuous improvement in technician and contractor performance, and that SLA targets are met and exceeded by 3rd party suppliers
- Proactively promote a positive Health & Safety culture, leading towards a target of zero harm for JM personnel and contractors Actively contribute towards a Process Safety Management programme to improve the Site process risk profile
- Actively review engineering works to ensure that work is being carried out safely in accordance with our relevant safe systems of work and offer coaching and development where required to achieve the necessary level of EHS performance in the teams.
- Continuously explore ways to improve delivery to customers and through this achieve excellence in operational efficiency and effectiveness using proven lean methodology and problem solving tools
- Ensure the effective and efficient achievement of operational availability targets in accordance with the operational needs of the business
- Ensure that all changes to plant and equipment are co-ordinated through management of change
- Actively participate in the JM Energy reduction commitment looking for ways to reduce energy consumption
- Work with onsite maintenance planning team and reliability engineers
- Ensure that resource deployment is managed in accordance with resource forecasts
- Effective management and control of all maintenance revenue spend, forecasting expenditure and carrying out regular reviews of actual spends vs. allocated budgets
You will have_
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Strong relevant experience in a maintenance environment
- Significant previous line management experience within maintenance/engineering role
- Experience of organisational change management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Analytical thinker / critical problem solver
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Teamwork & Co-operation
- Achievement Drive - can do attitude
How to apply_
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.