Maintenance Team Leader
Vacancy: Maintenance Team Leader
Location: Brimsdown, Enfield, North London
Job Family_ Engineering.
Johnson Matthey currently have an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Team Leader to join us at our Brimsdown site in Enfield. The Team Leader will provide technical leadership to a team of multi-skilled Technicians engaged in undertaking the repair, maintenance and installation of machines and equipment used throughout our plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for the safety of the team and ensuring safety and quality standards are met and adhered to, as well as driving a proactive EHS culture focused on zero harm. This is a role in which you can add real value to the team through effective leadership.
There is a requirement to work a 12-hour day and night shift pattern (including weekends) on a rotation of 5 on followed by 4 off rotation.Key responsibilities
- Ensuring all safe systems of work are complied with by the team at all times and that effective checks and controls are in place and maintained
- Responsible for the investigation and reporting of all near misses and incidents upwards to the Maintenance Manager with the aim of preventing reoccurrence
- Accountable for delivery and adherence to the maintenance plan and associated priorities
- Assign tasks so that the team's resources are used effectively and that work schedules are met ensuring that maintenance technicians have the necessary competence, knowledge, skills and equipment to support the needs of the operation
- Establish, record and report against KPI's and monitor the performance of all maintenance activities against these goals
- Implementing, monitoring and reviewing training competency and development plans to support learning and development of the shift team
- Driving "Lean" initiatives in the department
- Initiating and supporting continuous improvement projects
- Collaborates with other departments to inform HAZOP, CAPEX and improvement works
- Collaborates with Projects and Purchasing departments to identify critical spares requirements and stock holdings.
You will have_
- Experience of successfully leading a team in a maintenance environment
- Hold a formal qualification in Engineering such as HNC/HND or equivalent recognised training
- Ideally hold formal leadership qualification such as ILM or upwards.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering skills and maintenance
- Experience of LEAN manufacturing methodology, including problem solving tools such as root cause analysis
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of hazardous signage and working in a hazardous environment
- COSHH/chemical, PUWER and environment awareness
- Demonstrable understanding of EHS management principles
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least three months.
How to apply_
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online or reach out to for more information.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
This vacancy may be closed once sufficient applications have been received.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.