Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer - 12 months FTC
Job Family_ Engineering.
At Johnson Matthey, our vision is to build our 3rd century through value adding sustainable technologies. We believe that by investing in our people we will have the best talent and by investing in our products and technology this will allow us to differentiate ourselves from our competitors. Which will equate to our mission of being a great place to work.
At Johnson Matthey, we have two clear ways in which we will achieve this; one is by investing in our people to ensure we have the best talent in the market. The other is by investing in our products and technology to allow us to differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our team. Our Maintenance team provides a wide range of reactive and preventative services to three plants manufacturing autocatalysts. All our plants are modern facilities with a high degree of automation and robotics. Each team member gets involved with a variety of projects and tasks either individually or as part of a project team. The plants work under Lean Manufacturing principles and the Maintenance team are expected to make a significant contribution towards Lean and continuous improvement activities.Key responsibilities
- You will ensure all assigned Engineering work of an Electrical/Mechanical nature is carried out correctly and within agreed time scales, with due regards to Health and Safety requirements
- As part of the general Maintenance team, you will typically become involved in fault finding and fixing, pre-planned maintenance work, and small improvement projects
- Troubleshoots equipment/process problems to root cause, implements permanent solutions to prevent recurrence of the problem(s)
- Ensures that all knowledge and information with regards to machine issues and breakdowns is recorded appropriately
You will have_
- ONC/OND or City & Guilds in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in mechanical and electrical breakdown and maintenance
- A strong team focus, you will enjoy working as part of a team but also working independently as required
- The ability to demonstrate a proactive approach to your work and to use your initiative when resolving issues
- We are also interested in hearing from multi-skilled Electrical Maintenance Technicians, who have a formal apprenticeship qualification or equivalent
- Experience of TPM
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
- Highly organised and disciplined
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivation
This position works in a 24/7 rotating shift pattern of 2s and 3s including days and nights.
How to apply_
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Closing date for applications_ 31 July 2019
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.