Senior Engineer- (TLBP)- Submarines
Senior Engineer (TLBP) - Submarines
Location- Filton, Bristol
??35,000- ??42,000 p.a.
About the role
As the Senior Engineer for the Through Life Boat Plan Team (TLBP) you will be a part of the Platform Engineering Team, who provides in-service support to the Royal Navy's fleet of Submarines.
You will seek to provide a holistic view and approach to the maintenance requirements for the duration of the platform life for the submarines, with a primary focus on the propulsion plant. Your role will involve providing direct support to the customer with respect to what maintenance activity is required to assure and maintain the fleet of submarines.
What do I need to do the role?
- You will have experience within the defence sector and have an understanding of submarine propulsion systems or their maintenance requirements.
- A good knowledge of Excel to record the in-service and maintenance requirements.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be liaising with the waterfront teams to discuss the in-life requirements.
- Have a proactive approach to work as you will be working with the MOD to make recommendations and improvements.
- Ideally you will be a Chartered Engineer but happy to accept candidates that are either incorporated or working towards Chartership.
- Be able to demonstrate suitable experience in Mechanical Engineering.
What else do I need to know?
- This role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to use their knowledge of submarines to improve availability and identify initiatives.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
- This role will be based in Filton, Bristol but you may need to do some occasional travel to Clyde as and when required.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.