Maritime Support Engineer
Maritime Support Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire - up to ??55,000
Maritime Support Engineer - About The Role
- You will support the current fielded systems primarily with Software support/Updates, Hardware support and support to Land based test sites for the Sonar 2054 system.
- The design, development, installation planning and associated testing, installation and setting to work of maritime equipment.
- You will follow the plans, schedules, and equipment required for the testing, installation and setting to work activities as specified by the Maritime In Service Support Manager.
- In addition, he/she will be required to operate under their own initiative in working with external end customers whilst away on assignment.
- The Field Engineer will be responsible to the Maritime In Service Support Manager for conducting all Maritime related support activities, inclusive of integration and test of new software builds for the platform and related land-based test sites.
Required Skills, Qualification and Experience for Maritime Support Engineer:
- Support and development of software rollout plans for upgrades to the Sonar 2054 system
- Provide support to the planning and implementation of system upgrades to RN platforms and Land sites primarily for Sonar 2054
- Support Training activities for Maritime programmes
- Conduct platform Software installation, test and verification activities as directed by the Maritime In-Service Support Manager.
- Develop and document Maritime software installation and test procedures.
- Develop and conduct equipment Diagnosis and Repair.
- Conduct Maritime pre-installation system checks.
- Conduct Maritime platform and shore base safety zone inspections.
- Present and conduct MCTA inspections, harbour and sea trials as directed by the Maritime Installation Manager.
- Candidates will be expected to travel and work off site on-board Royal Navy ships and submarines.
You will be expected to undertake Field Support Engineer work within the Maritime domain and will be required to:
- Perform diagnosis, maintenance on and modifications to the electrical, electronic, IT and mechanical systems installed on Operational Platforms and in Training establishments. The highest level of engineering standards and practices are expected at all times.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all interfacing systems
- Provide advice and guidance to system users
- Foster and maintain end-user customer relationships
- You will be expected to undertake Maritime sea trials on-board Royal Navy ships and submarines.
- Candidates may be expected to undertake specialist Royal Navy training requirements (sea survival course, submarine escape training) in support of Maritime sea trials.
Desired Skills, Qualification and Experience Maritime Support Engineer:
- Previous Sonar 2054 Maintainer/operator experience
- Previous Maritime navigation experience, including WECDIS, Naval Compass and Radar Systems.
- Previous Maritime platform acceptance process experience, MCTA, HAT and SAT.
- MOD A&A BP10 Process, including Change Impact Assessment Procedure (CIAP)
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you ??250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active SC or willing to undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.