Cook / Chef
Cook / Chef
Permanent, 38 hours per week including rostered weekends (1 in 4)
Salary Up to £19,134 per annum
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Cook / Chef to join our Catering Department. Portland College is one of the UK's leading specialist colleges working with disabled people to develop their employability, independence and communication skills.
Portland College is set within 32 acres of woodland also offers hospitality opportunities to the wider community and hosts several wedding and banqueting functions throughout the year. This is a unique role within catering as it offers fantastic work-life balance with only having to work 1 in 4 weekends.
If you are an experienced Cook / Chef who is passionate about delivering high standards and who wants to get a better work-life balance. - Then this would be the role for you.
Your duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure all food preparation meets our high standards
• Prepare and present high-quality food
• Keep all working areas clean and tidy to avoid cross-contamination
• Comply with the organisation's security, fire, health and safety and food safety regulations and policies
• Report any maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues to included COSHH and HACCP
• Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross margins and other departmental financial targets
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain a good working relationship.
Our key requirements:
• Knowledge of conference and banqueting is essential
• Ability and desire to work a part of a close team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• City & Guild 706/1 and 706/2 or equivalent
• Basic food hygiene
• Level 3 nutrition and special diets or willingness to work towards
In return, Portland College offers a competitive salary, excellent career and training development opportunities and opportunity to grow and progress within a developing organisation.
Job reference: GJ2059
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Cook / Chef position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to a short online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.