Business Application Team Lead (HR) - West End
International Medical Centre operating just under 100 years and a dominate player within the US market is going through a major recruitment drive to assist in the opening of a brand new hospital in London
The Business Application Team Lead (HR/Payroll) will function as the primary expert for the application/system and oversee the work activities of their support team.
This role reports into the Director of Business Applications and you will be responsible for managing and leading automated systems projects through all phases of the development life cycle; including evaluation, design, development, estimating, planning and implementation. Working in conjunction with the Business Applications Director, the Business Application Team Lead (HR/Payroll) will define objectives and manage installation of applications.
The Team Lead for the HR/Payroll Applications (Business Application Lead) will take direction from and collaborates with the Business Applications Director on work priorities. The Business Applications Team Lead (HR/Payroll) will serve as the primary support contact for their respective applications and as a point of contact for other applications within their assigned team.
As a leader with overall responsibility for system/business analysis and design, the Business Applications Team Lead for HR/Payroll will provide best solutions to identify needs; meeting operational and business objectives between the IT department and its direct application customers and is a liaison to other departments and entities.
You will coordinate all issues that arise during application implementations, upgrades or enhancements.
You'd be required to be knowledgeable of the companies policies, procedures and business operations and provide after hours support as required.
Main job responsibilities:
- Partners with the business and application subject matter experts to ensure build consistency and success end-to-end workflows
- Lead IT projects; including planning, obtaining customer input and defining needs and projecting resource requirements
- Reviews system requirements with customers and translates requirements into specific functions or deliverables
- provides support to team members as well as serving as the initial point of contact for their assigned team
- Identifies and resolves complex issues. This includes identification of appropriate parties and potential solutions with minimal guidance and escalates appropriately as needed
- Works with all clinical, business and technical resources in a positive, supportive and collaborative team manner
- Performs requirements and analysis and analyses flow chart processes; recommending ways to reduce steps and increase efficiency through use of technology
- Plans, schedules and manages multiple projects requiring computer resources including project scheduling
- Assists with planning and completion of projects on time and as designed
- Consults directly with business users and provides support to assure reliable system application availability and performance
- Maintains awareness of latest developments in key areas of responsibility and brings forward opportunities that might benefit the company
- Actively coordinates and participates with system implementation or future system upgrade, coordinating test plans, developing and conducting customer communications and training for the assigned team
The right candidate for this Global medical centre would have:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, Health Sciences, Healthcare Admin or a related field is preferred
- Significant experience of working at a senior level in a specialist area may offset the degree requirement
- Holding proven experience in application of project management and system development methodologies
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of business/scientific functions and related systems interfaces that can assist the company in the management operation and administration of divisions
- Knowledge of healthcare operations is desirable
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and deal analytically with both internal problems and the opportunities that arise during the coordination of multi-disciplinary projects
- Supervisory skills must including strong written and verbal communication skills, negotiating skills and organisation skills
- Demonstrates the ability to interrelate to all levels of the user community
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) - HR/Payroll, Human Resource Management Systems
- Implementing and supporting a major system, within a system/business analyst capacity
- Eliciting and documenting requirements and in generating Process and Workflow documentation
- Process improvement
- Minimum of 1 years of lead or supervisory experience with demonstrated experience in information system development
- System integration
- IT Change Management
- Implementing/supporting Citrix/Virtual technologies
- System Design or Administration
- Up to ??53,000 salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension - Double contribution
- Life assurance - 3x your salary
- Private medical insurance
- Season ticket travel loan
- Bike to work scheme