Management Consultant - Permanent - Bristol - ??30,000 - ??45,000
The management consultant team comes from diverse backgrounds that cover the spectrum of services giving them an innovative and creative approach that is key to its success. Everyone in the team is passionate about their work and the value that they can deliver.
They are looking to grow the team and are looking for people at the early stage of their career, technical, academically qualified applicants who are keen to pursue a career in Business Consulting and for those who are looking to transfer their previous experience into a consultancy environment
We are looking to hire talented people with a track record of delivery. You may have started your career at another consultancy and are looking to move somewhere with a different approach more tailored to client need. Alternatively, you may have successfully delivered from within a company and now feel ready to expand your own skills and work in a more project based way to advise others.
- As part of the team you will be supporting real clients facing real challenges and provide strategic thinking and innovative solution development from problem concept through to delivery by:
- Working with clients to set and realise strategies for change
- Working with central government clients to transform services for citizens and local authorities
- Reviewing existing feasibility studies, masterplans and risk assessments to make robust and clear proposals and business cases that will challenge and validate realisation of benefits
- Designing and creating programmes to support major transformations to ways of operating eg across staff and locations
- Using analysis, modelling and technology to support decision making to meet the challenges of increased competition and expectations eg increasing student retention or supporting a major new investment
- Utilising innovative technology, structures, systems and people change to design and deliver objectives efficiently
- You build trusted and lasting relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment
- You have relevant sector experience - eg central government, defence, education, transport
- Technical delivery
- You have at least a degree or equivalent qualification and may hold, or be working towards, a professional qualification
- You have strong written communication skills and the ability to write documents which are compelling, engaging and unambiguous
- You demonstrate problem-solving ability in relation to technically complex or conceptually abstract ideas
- You present complex solutions and concepts effectively and make persuasive cases based on analysis
- You have a variety of consulting capabilities and techniques to suit different situations. These might include strategy development, research, analysis, organisational development, culture change, IT-enabled change, business process analysis, change impact assessment, coaching and/or mentoring; training development and delivery
Practice and service development:
- You are an excellent team player with the ability to communicate and engage at all levels with a variety of stakeholders
- You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues
- You are proactive in your approach to work and enjoy working with a variety of people as well as being comfortable with progressing work independently
- Business development
- You either have experience or potential to support or contribute to the sale of Business Consulting work - including bid development and presentation delivery
- You can demonstrate commercial acumen and are comfortable with contributing to bids and end to end assignment financial management
- A wide range of benefits is on offer, flexible benefits which can be accessed via a benefits portal. Options like pension and life assurance as well as the cycle to work scheme and the ability to buy up to 15 days of extra holiday.
- The aim is to give you choice and flexibility to tailor your benefits package to suit your personal circumstances.
- As well as financial reward, they offer things such as professional accreditation, company supported training, flexible working and career opportunities are key benefits of being an employee that make up your total reward.
- Our clients make it as easy as possible to balance home and work commitments so they offer flexible working for their people when business needs allow it.
- This may include job-sharing, sabbatical or career break options, part time, term-time or home working.
- Our client also supports volunteer days in the UK. So you can take up to 2 days each year to take part in fundraising activities, carry out community work or whatever is close to your heart.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you ??250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active DV or willing to undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.