Morrison Telecom Services are currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to support an existing Framework with one of our key and long established clients. This position will be predominantly working in the Manchester area on Fibre City deployment and across the Northern Region.
With a large order book announced for the next 3 years and a buoyant market that is being currently tendered for, the right candidate could see good progression within the business.
It is essential that you have a good understanding and working knowledge / application of the Telecom sector or other utility and has experience of working in a high volume / low value transactional environment.
To plan, control and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of all the projects under the framework and to maintain compliance with the conditions of contract and company policies. Working in a team reporting directly to a Commercial Manager.
The Quantity Surveyor will work closely with the Project Delivery Teams to ensure compliance with the Conditions of Contract, maintain the administration of the contract and ensure it is carried out in a correct and timely manner.
Ensure the correct contractual procedures are operated for all projects, maintain compliance with the company policies and procedures and through audit demonstrate compliance within the delegation of authority guidelines.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for:
• Maintenance of the change Control process and financial risk management at Project level.
• Ensure financial information is available for audits and KPI reporting.
• Track and report cash flow and monitor and action ageing profiles.
• Review Cost and Value Reports and margin analysis for projects on a monthly basis and summarise for the project team and Commercial Manager.
• Review the project applications and out-turn forecasts on a regular basis with regard to monitoring actual performance against budget and provide updates and action plans.
• Monitor and report ledger trends and review potential lean efficiencies and implement improvements.
• Regularly review the approved supply chain and ensure best value, including negotiation and award of subcontracts using the appropriate suite of orders.
• Final account the works and subcontract accounts.
• Work with internal departments to further develop any system improvements, integration and reporting tools.
• Regularly liaise with key stakeholders.
• Ideally HNC or Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge at the appropriate level within a contracting organisation
• Good communications skills, able to communicate confidently with the client and the team.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage/prioritise workloads, adapt and challenge.
• Ability to appropriately delegate tasks to the team.
• Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel.
• Excellent numeric and literacy skills.
• Knowledge of health and safety.
• Knowledge and experience of different forms of Contracts.
What's in it for you?
• 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
• Annual bonus potential
• Pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Private health care
• Company car and fuel card
Morrison Telecom Services is a part of M Group Services, delivering a range of essential infrastructure services to the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors across the UK and Ireland.
Working collaboratively with clients, Morrison Telecom Services brings commitment, innovation, teamwork and accountability to deliver long- term partnerships. We engage early to understand business targets, developing processes and systems, collaborate in design and planning, and help improve operational efficiency. We are focused on providing a full end-to-end service offering to fixed and mobile operators covering all aspects of a network life cycle.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Telecom Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people's skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers,communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people,developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
'M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.'