Design Studio Manager
Senior Studio Manager
A Senior Studio Manager is required to manage the Communications team's in-house design and production capability. You'll define the team's working parameters within the organisation and manage the workflow so that the senior leadership team has a clear view of where and when briefs will land and be expected to leave the studio. Your remit will include working closely with the multiple stakeholders around the organisation to deliver high quality communications materials. You will need to understand the traffic flow in and out of the studio, and what software, hardware, and skillsets are required in order to develop and manage a successful studio.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the design team are resourced and equipped to manage the workflow and design and content expectations
- Ensure the studios workflow planning process, the tools, knowledge and resource are engaged and fit for purpose.
- Lead the design team and work with the editorial team to ensure that workflow is managed effectively and that all customer deadlines are realistic, agreed and achieved.
- Act as the lead point of contact for customers across the business, working to understand their briefs and timescales, while managing the existing workload.
- Establish clear cross-department communications with respect to workflow, inspiring confidence in the design team with the senior leadership team.
Key deliverables during contract:
- Engage with internal stakeholders to access the Control v Campaign work flow capabilities v requirements over the life of the project. Work through pros/cons of the current system v new solutions and activate procurement relationship as required.
- Act as a campaign and brand guardian ensuring that:
- the team is fully engaged
- stakeholders are proactively managed so they engage with and understand the brand values and processes
- Develop a new sign-off and approvals process with robust record keeping and a clear hierarchy.
- Access internal studio - which is currently, focused on professional communications v the challenges that are likely to develop over the life of the project
The successful candidate will have:
- Thorough experience and understanding of the design process and the role of design in effective communications
- a high degree of personal gravitas - able to influence without authority and to educate and engage internal stakeholders who, for the most part, aren't designers or marketers
- proven commercial experience within a mid- or senior-level studio management position, preferably both client and agency side
- excellent studio leadership skills, exhibiting the necessary behaviours and competencies in order to lead and motivate a team
- proven experience with all the main office and project management software
- led, managed and developed a team to identify what constitutes success and to achieve it
Project management training or experience would also be a distinct advantage.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position