Magdalene are currently looking to recruit a Procurement Officer to work from our head office in Cambridgeshire on a permanent basis.
As the Procurement Officer you will be responsible for actively sourcing new suppliers and agreeing contractual terms whilst acting as a pivotal point of contact within our commercial team who are responsible for the procurement, bid management and contract functions for Magdalene.
You will be responsible for providing professional support and assistance to the Commercial Director, as well as the Bid and Procurement teams with primary focus on the development of procurement solutions for significant new bid opportunities.
As the Procurement Officer you will be responsible for:
- Sourcing suitable suppliers and sub-contractors
- Maintaining the Approved Supplier Database
- Managing RFI requests
- Providing procurement advice and support to various departments
- Scoping of requirements in conjunction with the business operations
- Identifying operational solutions and suppliers
- On boarding and negotiation of suppliers and sub-contractors
- Ensuring that cost targets are met for business operations
- Supplier performance and relationship management
- Assisting with contract and bid negotiations
- Assisting with producing contractual terms for suppliers
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- CIPS qualification or equivalent (or working towards)
- Previous experience in a commercial/procurement role
- Ideally knowledge or experience within Utilities or Construction
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Able to present at senior management level
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products
- Personable, ambitious and enthusiastic
- Great attention to detail
Magdalene operates as a Telecommunication Infrastructure Services Company working as part of the Telecom division of M Group Services. Covering the full network life cycle, we provide managed services, technology solutions, first line maintenance and turnkey project management to the private, public, fixed and mobile sectors.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Telecom Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people's skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers,communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people,developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
'M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.'