Media Insights & Analytics Manager, Europe & Sub-Saharan Africa
This is a very exciting and critical role in our Media Insights & Analytics Centre of Excellence (CoE) team in ESSA (Europe & Sub-Saharan Africa) to establish and drive implementation of capabilities and best practices for media investment optimization across all media touchpoints (AV, Digital, Out-of-home, Print and others).
About Media Insights and the role:
Media Insights & Analytics CoE have been established to drive optimization of the PepsiCo media investment in ESSA alongside a few other critical Centers of Excellence to drive thought leadership in the company and map out key Insights focus areas of the future. This role acts as an internal consultant who establishes media best practices and leads ESSA test & learn agenda for "white spaces" within media insights. The person will also play a critical role in establishing governance principles on the media capabilities applied in the company.
The person needs to be an expert in the current media landscape, available data and capabilities across key ESSA markets (priorities are Russia, Turkey, UK) and in fundamental quantitative research methods (quantitative (e.g. marketing mix modelling techniques). He or she will also facilitate implementation of the media insights in the key business processes and influence critical decision making and senior stakeholders.
The role reports into the Head of Media Insights and Analytics, has 1 direct report and works closely with colleagues in Insights in the local markets, Marketing teams, Media operations; acts as a key point of contact for external business partners: research agencies, media agencies and think tanks, media owners and data providers.
The following are key deliverables of the role including the role's direct report:
- Lead generation of the ESSA-broad media insights and meta learnings based on primary and secondary data sources (including by country/brand marketing mix modelling results), data and insights of the key external business partners
- Establish and execute an on-going ESSA learning agenda, including experiments and tests in the "blind spot" countries and media platforms/touchpoints outside of the PepsiCo's established econometric modelling studies
- Influence senior stakeholders and facilitate implementation of the media insights and recommendations partnering with the Insights in the local markets, Marketing, Media operations and Digital teams
- Ensure robustness of media data and measurement capabilities and relevant governance procedures in place and are being followed
- Lead market landscape assessment for media consumer habits, industry landscape and capabilities across top ESSA markets
- Define agenda, manage and coach 1 direct report and agency teams (indirectly)
What are we looking for?
This is an ESSA CoE role and CoE roles are very stretching from a leadership and impact perspective, as they have a diverse and very senior set of stakeholders in a complex matrix environment. The "how" of this role is just as important as the "what" and hence we are targeting a demanding leadership profile.
- University degree; 8+ years of relevant client side or the research agency experience combined with in-house exposure
- Strong analytical acumen and quantitative skills including basic statistics and analytics of the complex data sets
- Ability to frame problems smartly and define agenda from a relatively loose brief
- Strong project management and organization skills; attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize & persuasively communicate highly complex findings; focus on the critical issues and actionable growth opportunities
- Significant executive maturity to influence multiple stakeholders
- Broad-based business acumen and commercial savviness
- Proactivity, drive and ability to inspire others to embrace change on a large scale
- Knowledge of the media industry, capabilities and key research techniques applied in media research preferable but not essential
- Previous use of Tableau, Power BI or other visualization tools preferable but not essential
Job Type: Regular