General Manager - International Decorative Surfaces (IDS) - Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
IDS are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running! (2)
Looking to join a brand that is passionate about its employees, where virtually no day is the same? Then we have the perfect role for you here at IDS, the UK's largest distributor of surfacing materials, specialising in flooring, worktops, laminates, panel products and solid surfacing.
In this exciting General Manager role with IDS, you will empower and energise your team to provide every customer with an exceptional service.
IDS Stoke houses a successful trading branch as well as our head office facilities and our production facilities. The General Manager has responsibility for the success of the trading branch as well as ensuring EHS, facilities and maintenance for the whole site are always up to date and in good order.
As a General Manager with IDS, you will:
- Develop sales and profit targets in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager.
- Grow the customer base and basket for the trade counter/showroom.
- Identify development needs and requirements for your branch to improve colleague performance.
- Strategise and implement a robust and consistent People Plan.
- Investigate and implement best practices to ensure continuous operational improvement to safeguard operational excellence.
- Liaise closely with all departments on site to ensure site maintenance and all EHS requirements are maintained.
- Ensure that all IDS administration procedures are adhered to by your branch to ensure excellent customer service at all times.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers.
So if you???
- Have a strong background in management and empowering your colleagues.
- Can demonstrate achieving over and above targeted KPI's.
- Have a strong sense of commercial and financial awareness.
- Are resilient by nature with a great eye for detail in all areas.
- Have had experience within the construction / building materials industry.
- Hold a full UK Driving License, as the role will require occasional travel.
???we may just be the right fit for each other. Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary.
- A company car, mobile phone and laptop.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee with IDS, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.