Child Practitioner / Nursery Assistant
Child Practitioner / Nursery Assistant (Boldre)
LOCATION: Boldre, Lymington (commutable from Bournemouth, Southampton and surrounding towns)
JOB TITLE: Child Practitioner / Nursery Assistant
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary - negotiable salary dependent on experience plus benefits including 8% pension contribution from the employer
WORKING HOURS: Full Time – 35 hours per week, negotiable - Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm - Term Time
THE COMPANY: Do you have a good understanding and knowledge of the requirements of Early Years Foundation Stage, Ofsted and Local Authority requirements as well as a minimum of an NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) qualification in Childcare / Early Years?
Our client are setting up a new group of pre-school settings called ‘Launchpad Early Years’, committed to the highest standards of education with a broad Christian ethos and a connection with the local parish. Based in Boldre (commutable from Bournemouth, Southampton and surrounding towns) initially in a classroom at William Gilpin School they now have a fantastic and exciting new opportunity for the right individual to join their team as a Child Practitioner / Nursery Assistant.
The Pre-School will offer the highest standards of care and play opportunities to children aged 2 to 5 years of age, (and also an After Setting Club) and as a Child Practitioner/ Nursery Assistant you will be responsible in supporting the Manager and develop of the setting and will be a key person in providing a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
Key Responsibilities for the Child Practitioner/ Nursery Assistant role include :-
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- To help ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To undertake designated officer roles as directed.
- To work with other professionals in the local area for the benefit of children and families.
- To understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments, Tapestry
**Please note this is not an exhaustive list of duties and a full detailed job description and person specification will be provided to candidates of interest after the initial online application stage
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for Child Practitioner/ Nursery Assistant role must have an Early Years / Childcare NVQ level 3 qualifications or equivalent, will although you will ideally have worked in a Pre-school/Nursery setting it is not essential if candidates have proven Empathy and understanding of children under five. You will also need to have good knowledge of the Early Years Foundation stage and be familiar with Safeguarding, OFSTED. In addition, it is essential that candidates understand the needs and rights of children under 5 years of age within the Pre-school and also 5 to 11 years within the After School club and will be expected to build effective lasting relationships with children, whilst giving them a nurturing and stimulating environment to develop and flourish within!
Key Experience / Characteristics preferred for the Child Practitioner/ Nursery Assistant role :-
- Must have as a minimum an Early Years / Childcare NVQ level 3 qualifications or equivalent
- Previous recent experience in a Pre-school / Nursery setting would be ideal
- Empathy and understanding of children under five essential
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding procedures, OFSTED and other governing bodies/regulations
- Do to needing to be able to organise travel within rural community with no public transport, candidates must be Drivers and live within commutable distance to Boldre, Lymington (commutable from Bournemouth, Southampton and surrounding towns)
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps