Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £17788.00 – £18559.00 per annum (Trainee HR Administrator) /£18885.00 - £20928.00 (HR Administrator) (Dependent on skills and Experience)
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager
Primary Location: Northampton, Booth Lane Campus
Closing Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2019
Interview Date: TBC
About Northampton College
Northampton College is proud, as the leading provider of further education in the South East Midlands region, to have been ranked, in the 2017/2018 National Achievement Rates Tables (NART), as 11th out of more than 200 colleges for 16 to 18-year old education and training. As a College, who have been rated by Ofsted as ‘good’ with outstanding features, we are committed to developing the professional and technical skills of our students, who the workforce and leaders of the future.
The HR Team
The HR Team support Northampton College’s culture of high standards, an inclusive working and learning environment, and a professional committed workforce who are focussed on supporting our students to achieve the best they possibly can.
We now have an opportunity for an aspiring HR professional, an experienced administrator with excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills, or someone experienced in recruitment and selection methodologies to join the College’s HR Team.
You will be provided with opportunities to develop your career in HR through both academic learning and exposure to the diverse work of an HR team. You will have the support of an exceptional team and the opportunity to work for an organisation that makes a significant and positive difference to thousands of students each year.
The main focus of the Trainee HR Administrator/HR Administrator role will be to work with HR Advisors and line mangers to deliver innovative, inclusive and legislatively compliant recruitment and selection methods, enabling the College to attract and recruit high performing individuals committed to the values, aims and objectives of the organisation.
The post holder will also support HR Advisors/Manager/Executive Director with administrative matters relating to organisational and workforce development/formal hearings/investigation/employee relations case work (including preparation for legal processes).
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
- Experience of managing and taking ownership of multiple tasks/delivering results within stringent deadlines, whilst maintaining high levels of quality and a strong customer focus
- Proficient in the use of a diverse range of IT/ICT systems
- Experience of working with individuals at all levels in a professional, welcoming and helpful way with the ability to be assertive and diplomatic
- Being a persuasive, confident and clear communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Having high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Being resilient, able to work well in a fast changing pressurised environment, managing conflicting priorities effectively
- Have a strong work ethic
- Being flexible
- Being team, customer and organisation focussed
Rewards and Benefits include:
- 35 days annual leave, comprising 24 personal days, 8 Bank Holidays and 3 closure days
- Discounts through membership of the NUS, ranging from Student Prime (Amazon), to eating out, fashion, beauty, entertainment, technology and travel
- Eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined contribution scheme including an employer contribution rate of 18.6%)
- Access to continued professional development including CIPD accredited qualifications
- Free car parking
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Support Helpline
- Enhanced maternity/shared parental and paternity schemes
- Gym facilities
- Paid Compassionate Leave - up to five working days paid absence (in a rolling twelve month period) on compassionate grounds in the event of bereavement or serious illness of a close relative)
If you would like to be part of a successful team please apply via our on-line application form; www.northamptoncollege.ac.uk, clearly outlining your experience, skills and qualifications.
Job share will be considered for this post
This post will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check