Lead Content Designer
Lead Content Designer
Our client in London has an urgent requirement for a Lead Content Designer. As part of a multi-disciplinary central digital team of Information Architects, Web Designers, Developers and Project Managers you will work closely with colleagues to ensure mutual understanding of the flexibility and use of the content management system, content structure and work flows, and be comfortable engaging with content producers to really understand how they generate content in a unique, multilingual, global context.
The primary accountabilities as the Lead Content Designer are;
To act as the bridge between the content creators and the technology development teams, this involves gathering and making sense of the business's needs and requirements. To ensure the smooth rollout of prioritised content development and functionality where required. As part of a small central editorial development team, led by the Global Head of Content, the post holder will be responsible for feeding editorial requirements into the Content Management System (CMS) feature development. To take lead on editorial development and work closely with content providers to identify future web and mobile developments.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent editorial skills including content production, content development and sub editing.
- Excellent business facing presentation and influencing skills.
- Scripting and creating video content in-house and/or with agencies.
- Demonstrable understanding of products and technologies in the digital/web space.
- In-depth knowledge and application of content management systems.
- Understanding of digital product development.
- Experience in an equivalent role in a multi-disciplined digital team.
- Experience of working in an agile project management environment.
- Experience of developing material for training and capacity building.
- Delivering editorial and skills training.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age