Senior Functional Safety Engineer
Modis are delighted to be recruiting for a Senior Functional Safety expert across a broad range of consultancy projects. The role involves supporting system engineers by taking responsibility for Functional Safety deliverables.
- With support from the system engineers, the role will be to lead the Functional Safety activities as appropriate to the project. This will include the following key activities:
- Understand intended functionality of systems in a broad automotive context
- Generate the necessary Functional Safety documentation for the project following ISO26262: Fault-tree analysis, hazard analysis, technical safety concepts and requirements
- Lead Functional Safety reviews as needed both internally with the project team and with customers
- Minimum BSc or BEng (2:1) in Automotive, Electrical or equivalent Engineering
- Relevant professional engineering experience (ideally Systems Engineering)
- Experience of leading and delivering Functional Safety activities according to ISO26262 for production automotive projects
- Experience in conducting/leading FMEA, FTA, FMEDA activities
- Experience in development of either automotive powertrain control systems, high-voltage electrical power supplies, hybrid vehicles, ADAS features or similar technical fields
- Project Management experience
- Conducted ISO26262 Training
- Member of SAE
- Certified in Functional Safety by recognised entities. ie TUV
We look forward to receiving your details for the unique opportunity to join this growing, high-tech, international team.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.