FPGA Engineer - Contract 6 months - Gloucestershire - up to ??60 per hour - SC Cleared
Our client is looking for a Contract FPGA Engineer with a range of experience to join our Engineering department on a six months basis. You will be an integral part of a team involved in the design, development and verification of complete systems, ranging from simple CPLD developments to complex DSP designs built on the latest state of the art FPGA devices.
- You will have been involved with all phases of the FPGA development life cycle, from initial architecture design, requirements specification, and design documentation through to code development, formal verification and final integration
- You will be able to communicate effectively with other team members, (including hardware, software, PCB and mechanical designers) to agree interface specifications and progress integration solutions
- Flexibility is essential as specifications may not be fully defined at the start of development, and liaison with system architects and project leadership for continued feedback and development of requirements is likely throughout a design activity
- VHDL skills, particularly targeting Xilinx and Altera FPGA and System on a Chip devices
- VHDL-based design, implementation and verification experience using self-checking functional verification
- Experience of FPGA simulation and verification using Mentor Graphics QuestaSim
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado/PlanAhead and Intel/Altera Quartus Prime tools
- Digital design including interfacing to hardware, peripherals and processors
- Experience with modern, team-based version control system
- Experience of achieving robust timing closure in complex FPGA devices
- Experience with AXI interface standards
- Ability to work with/develop timing constraints
- Ability to develop and maintain scripted build flows (TCL/Python/Makefile)
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you ??250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Cleared. If you do not hold an active SC Cleared please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.