Heavy Duty Diesel Calibration Engineer
In this role there is opportunity to be responsible for optimising the calibration of off highway diesel engines and powertrains. The objective is to ensure that all target criteria are met and that the powertrain works to its full efficiency in all operating conditions.
Working on a Client site & Embedded in their development team the role involves planning as well as preparation and supervision of related engine dyno testing.
The opportunity exists to be responsible for the assessment and documentation of test results and delivery of calibrations. This role is available at Engineer and Senior Engineer levels.
- Planning and execution of an engine development programme
- Calibration dataset development in-line with attribute targets
- Dataset validation for operational & test conditions
- Development & refining of engine test plans
- Analysis of results and preparation of recommendations
- Liaison and reporting to various functions within the organisation
- Promote robust solutions to address client issues using AVL's portfolio of services & knowledge
- BEng in Mechanical/Automotive or related Engineering discipline
- Relevant experience within the automotive industry
- Good knowledge of Combustion Engineer Fundamentals & factors effecting emissions & performance
- Good working knowledge of Engine Management Systems and related tools and software
- Previous engine calibration experience
- Experience of co-ordinating and executing tests on engine test beds
- Proven project management skills
- Masters or PhD in specific subject area preferred
- Heavy Duty engine/Off Highway experience
- Knowledge of relevant data analysis tools
- Understanding of worldwide emissions legislation (particularly NRMM Stage V)
We look forward to receiving your details for the unique opportunity to join this growing, high-tech, international team.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.