Senior Performance Systems Engineer
The opportunity now exists for verifying and optimising the system performance of a diesel engine powertrain. The objective is to ensure that all target criteria are met and that the powertrain works to maximum efficiency in all operating conditions.
The role involves the generation & analysis of powertrain simulation tasks and co-ordinate calibration of powertrain simulation models from real world testing data & engine test cell results.
The role involves planning as well as preparation and supervision of powertrain simulation and testing. Data analysis and assessment as well as documentation of test results for report out to key stakeholders is an important part of this role.
- Planning and execution of diesel engine systems simulation activities
- Support conceptualisation studies for future powertrains
- Specification of physical engine test plans including DoE considerations
- Analysis of results and preparation of recommendations (written & verbal reports)
- Liaison with and reporting to various functional groups within the organisation
- Controls development and mathematical modelling using MATLAB/Simulink
- Through simulation, provide predictions on product performance and variability on engine systems such as aftertreatment
- Update & calibrate simulation models from test & data
- BEng in Mechanical/Automotive or related Engineering/Science discipline
- Good knowledge of ICE fundamentals
- Understanding of EAS performance & control
- Understanding and experience of DoE and emissions modelling
- Excellent communication skills in written & verbal English
- Proven project management skills
- High level competence using MATLAB/Simulink to develop mathematical models
- Masters or PhD in specific subject area
- Knowledge of data analysis tools
- Knowledge and experience of specifying CI engine attributes and components
- Understanding of worldwide emissions legislation, especially Stage V
- Familiar with off highway heavy duty powertrain applications
- Controls and calibration development using software or hardware in the loop (SiL/HiL)
- Familiar with 1-D simulation tools (eg GT-power)
- Proven track record in aftertreatment system modelling, ideally in the heavy duty/off-highway sector
- Knowledge, interest & experience in non-ICE based powertrains
We look forward to receiving your details for the unique opportunity to join this growing, high-tech, international team.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.