Vehicle Simulation Engineer
Modis is delighted to be recruiting for a Vehicle Simulation Engineer.
The role involves developing innovative technologies for conventional powertrain after-treatment electrification connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Develop, manage, and validate predictive vehicle and powertrain models to support system definition and design decisions from concept phase to start of production
- Evaluate and mature control algorithms which improve vehicle attributes such as fuel consumption, emissions, performance or durability
- Analyse real-world driving usage and test data, performing statistical analysis, and developing simplified models to understand how new technologies will be used in the field
- Support report-out and presentations to senior management
- Engineering/Science Degree (or equivalent)
- Automotive engineering knowledge
- Relevant work experience in powertrain (electrified and conventional technologies) within the automotive industry
- Solid background in mathematics, statistics and physics
- Excellent MATLAB programming skills
- Strong Simulink experience for plant modelling and controls
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to interface constructively with a global team and clients
- Proficient in MS Office
- Vehicle dynamic and real-world simulation tools (eg IPG CarMaker or SUMO)
- Systems engineering experience for product development
- Software development experience
- Experience with other powertrain modelling tools (eg GTpower)
- Experience in other programming languages (eg R, Python)
- Calibration/diagnostics tools experience (eg Vector Canalyzer, ATI Vision)
We look forward to receiving your details for the unique opportunity to join this growing, high-tech, international team.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.