Control Centre Team Leader: 30.295 hours per week
Location: New Milton
Lead, develop and motivate Appello Monitoring Operators, Assistant Team Leader & Operational Assistant to perform to the very best of their ability. To embed Appello values whilst maintaining the successful operation of the control centre on a shift basis. To utilise existing protocols procedures and processes to deliver against customer and industry key performance indicators. Utilise personal experiences and initiative to deliver excellent operational delivery and leadership.
What you'll be doing:
- Conducting one to ones with each team member on a needs based frequency, identify training needs and manage in line with company policies.
- Providing call coaching with each team member by observing and identifying excellent call examples and further development call examples.
- Ensuring Personal Development Reviews (PDRs) are completed with each team member yearly in line with company policy.
- Managing sickness absence by ensuring team members follow correct reporting procedures, updating absence on MyHR and completing return to work interviews for each period of sickness absence. Escalating to Senior Management and HR high sickness absence individuals who may require a formal review.
- Developing strategies to promote team member adherence to company policies, procedures and performance goals.
- Generating and sharing comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance utilising Dashboards, Carenet and OM Remote MI.
- Identifying and developing individuals for succession plans through mentoring. Establishing team gaps to plan when specific job openings become available.
- Conducting a professional progression meeting with each team members on a needs based frequency.
- Ensuring a high standard of service management on each shift - ensuring that the quality of customer care is firmly at the centre in all we do and all decisions made.
- Managing the control centre in times of high and low call volumes.
- Utilising operational resource to achieve customer and industry key performance indicators. Reviewing in line with current procedures and processes whilst using own initiative to deliver excellent operational results.
- Holding effective handovers utilising the email template to ensure continuity of service during shift changes.
- Ensuring control centre minimum standards are achieved and essential tasks undertaken as per control centre daily task requirements.
- Escalating any service management concerns including resourcing challenges to the on call senior service manager.
- Escalating any crisis management situations, particular events, customer complaints and major incidents to the on call senior crisis manager.
- Providing and demonstrating excellent customer service both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrating positivity in the control centre ensuring employee engagement is at the heart of the control centre
- Living and breathing 'You Said We Did'
- Promoting Mentor Me and Succession Planning
- Assisting management with hiring processes and new team member training
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of working with the public face to face and/or on the telephone.
- Proven experience of managing employees to include formal employee relation processes.
- Demonstrable experience of coaching, mentoring and developing new and less experienced employees.
- Proven experience of monitoring performance and developing and implementing service improvement projects.
- Proven motivational leader engaging employees to achieve high levels of performance.
- Ability to contribute ideas, suggestions and feedback to improve the service and to identify and implement service improvement projects.
- Has managed and lead teams of 12 operators in call centre environment.
- Has managed service within a 5,000 calls per day environment.
- Aware of health and safety responsibilities for team.
- IT literate using a wide range of different computer systems including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understands CRM database.
- Involves and motivates employees to encourage teamwork.
- Recognises and deals with issues of underperformance.
- Can tailor communication style to suit that of the audience
- Effective decision maker
- Seeks obtaining feedback for continuous improvement.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Values and supports others.
- Service management knowledge and understanding
- Awareness of key HR policies, e.g. attendance management, managing performance, grievance procedures etc.
- Keeps people informed of plans and developments.
- Encourages and supports others to make best use of their abilities.
- Agrees what is expected of others and hold them to account.
- Articulates a vision that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Ability to work under pressure & too tight deadlines.
- Ability to deal with demanding customers in a sympathetic understanding and caring way.
What we will offer you:
- Pension Scheme, up to 4% Company matched
- Onsite parking available
- Discounted voluntary benefits
- Life assurance 2 x annual salary
- Employee assistance programme
- Sick pay at managers discretion.
- The ability to buy additional or sell back holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply via and not directly to the leadership team.